Tour de Gourmet Escape – Cycling in Beechworth
The Tour de Gourmet Escape is a 2 night/1 day cycling in Beechworth experience. It’s the perfect weekend break, or mid-week escape, and takes in the must do’s of this increasingly popular gourmet region.
Located in North East Victoria, about 3 hours drive north from Melbourne, Beechworth is becoming synonymous with wine, food and cycling. Tick all the boxes and take the stress out of knowing where to go, what to taste and how to get there. Tour de Vines has done the homework for you, so all you need to do is arrive. This cycling tour in Beechworth uses the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail, is downhill and very easy, and is the ideal way to see and experience all this region has to offer. Enjoy the outdoors and the clean country air, all whilst savoring the magical food and wine produce of Beechworth, Milawa and the surrounding areas.
Your 2 nights accommodation is in beautiful Beechworth. Experience this charming, historic town with a range of restaurants and cafes to choose from (in fact Australian Traveller magazine nominated Beechworth as the 6th Best Town in Australia recently). Your cycling tour is to Milawa from Beechworth and is a relaxed affair with lots of stops for food & wine tasting. So pick your dates and book your cycling gourmet escape today!
Your package includes:
- 2 nights accommodation in central 3.5 star with upgrades available
- 2 x cooked breakfasts with coffee/tea
- Use of new Trek FX hybrid bike with bags/panniers for your cycling tour to Milawa
- Lunch at the fabulous Milawa Cheese Factory with non alcoholic drinks included
- All wine tastings and produce stops
- Printed itinerary, maps and cycling directions
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Return transfer by bus from Brown Brothers Milawa back to your accommodation in Beechworth
- On call support throughout your visit
PS please note there is a $50 surcharge per person for bookings that fall on long weekends or any National or Victorian public holidays.
- Cycling the easy, scenic and safe Murray to Mountains Rail Trail downhill from Beechworth
- Visiting out of the way cellar doors and produce outlets
- Lunch (included) at Milawa Cheese Factory
- Visiting the esteemed Brown Brothers Winery & Cellar door in Milawa
- Return transport by bus at the end of the day so you can relax and enjoy a few wines.
Itinerary at a glance
Own transport to Beechworth. Overnight in Beechworth (accommodation to be stipulated)
After a sumptuous breakfast, jump on your bikes (hire available), ride via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Milawa. Your cycling tour includes lunch, 3 cellar doors & produce tastings. Bus collection with bikes and purchases back to Beechworth. Overnight in Beechworth. Cycling distance 32kms
Breakfast & late checkout on your second day ideal to allow you to enjoy historic Beechworth