Tour de Barossa Cycling Tour – Day Tour from Adelaide
Explore beautiful Barossa on a fun fully guided small group cycling tour. Ride the off road Barossa Trail and sample the delicious food and wine of this famous gourmet region. It's great day out.
Your local tour guide will meet you at your accommodation together with delivery of your bikes (regular or e-bikes available). Get ready for a fun day cycling the Barossa trails and visiting some of the best and some of the lesser known but equally amazing venues of this fertile part of South Australia.
Learn the stories behind the historic buildings of Angaston, ride the paved off road trails to Gawler, and visit icons such as Maggie Beers Farm and Penfolds Wines cellar door. You will also discover some local secrets and taste some of the best wines in Australia (tastings are included).
A gourmet lunch is included and will be filled with local produce the region is famous for.
The cycling is flat and graded as easy (around 20-30kms), and your day is fully supported with on call pick up if required. The group size is deliberately kept small so we are able to access smaller, more intimate venues. It’s the perfect way to discover the real Barossa, get outdoors and get a real taste of this famous region.
This Barossa cycling tour can be enjoyed in a small group with a guide on our scheduled dates, or you can choose to ride self guided with own transport to the region.
What We Love About This Day Tour Cycling in the Barossa
- Learn the secrets of the fascinating Barossa region from your local guide
- Taste and understand the history of some of Australia's best wines
- Enjoy cycling the flat, off road bike paths across the region
- Relax knowing everything is taken care of, including transport.
What's Included on Your Barossa Cycling Tour?
- Pick up and drop off in Adelaide (CBD or other venues by arrangement)
- Local tour guide who will ride and support you through the day
- Quality bikes (Giant ROAM comfortable hybrid style or E-Bikes) - see our bikes
- Gourmet lunch with local Barossa produce
- All wine tastings (min 3 cellar doors, extras can be visited at cost to guests if required)
- Collection of any wine or other purchases made (or arrangement for delivery of same locally)
Small group tours with a guide run every Friday from September to May each year. Book online below.
Self guided tours can be enjoyed any day or date of the year. All directions and bookings are provided.
Contact us for price and availability on self guided.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
What an awesome day out. Easy riding, a number of cellar door visits and a great lunch. The guide Peter was hilarious and really knew the area, and his wine. Would highly recommend if visiting Adelaide or looking for a fun group day out
Itinerary at a Glance
9am: Pick up at your Adelaide CBD location and drive to Barossa region. Your guide will provide info and stories along the way about the region
10.30am: Commence cycling on the Barossa trails. Stop for coffee. We will ride to lunch first for a gourmet feast around 12.30pm. Lunch and wine tastings included.
2pm: Recommence cycling to a number of cellar doors for wine tastings and through small local towns of Angaston or Tanunda.
4pm: Arrive back at the transport for the transfer back to Adelaide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bikes are included in this tour, quality Giant or Specialised hybrid style mountain bikes ideal for the paved trails in the Barossa.
E-bikes are available for an additional supplement and can be booked when booking online.
Transport is included in this tour.
Pick up and drop off is central Adelaide CBD or by prior arrangement for alternate locations.
Adelaide CBD location is at the Playford Hotel on Terrace St opposite the train station.
Return transfers are to the same location.
Yes, you can choose your date and we can run this tour for you on a private basis.
The price will be the same as advertised if you have a group of 5 or more.
For groups less than 5 riders please contact us for specific pricing.