Brisbane Valley Rail Trail + Scenic Rim Hike
Be one of the first to cycle the newly opened Brisbane Valley rail trail, now Australia's longest official rail trail. Whilst in the region, we take the opportunity to hike the Scenic Rim trek graded as one of the Great Walks of Australia. Fully guided throughout, 5 nights luxury accommodation, gourmet meals, bikes, all transport and incredible memories.
The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail has recently been completed and is now the longest rail trail in Australia. Tour de Vines is the first tour operator to put together this unique cycling itinerary. It would be remiss to not explore the stunning Scenic Rim trail nearby, graded one of the Great Walks of Australia, and so we have combined these two incredible experiences on a multi active tour. All inclusive in true Tour de Vines style.
South East Queensland
Whilst not as famous or flashy as it’s Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast cousins, inner south-east Queensland is an adventure paradise. World class walking, the new Brisbane Valley Rail Trail and yes wine making, are all here. And all within short reach of Brisbane.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail – Cycling
This recently completed cycling and walking path is a fantastic feat of development by the local councils and volunteers. At 161kms in length it is the longest rail trail in Australia. It is a mixed surface cycling trail, and so we use well-equipped mountain bikes. Although small sections are paved, the majority of the trail is either hard packed gravel or dirt track. There are some stunning bridges, some we cross and some we go under, and being elevated at the northern end there are terrific views. It’s undeniably outback Queensland but we have found a couple of gourmet secrets so we do get to enjoy quality meals.
Cycling the BVRT is a little bit of an adventure. It’s still on the easy side in terms of difficulty, the distances aren’t great and we start at the northern end so it’s largely downhill. But it’s not a paved path (and not a mountain bike single track either, but somewhere in between). So some basic biking skills are required.
Scenic Rim Trail – Hiking
The Scenic Rim refers to the chain of mountains incorporating the Great Dividing Range, the Border Range and Tamborine Mountains. The best way to explore this region is on foot. Being the only Great Walk of Australia in Queensland, this is a region that is still relatively undiscovered & unexplored with world-class hiking trails, accommodation, guides and interpretation.
Each evening we experience an accommodation experience like no other. Located 600 meters above sea level on a private nature refuge, we ‘glamp’ in 10 permanent ‘safari- style’ tents with polished timber floorboards, plush beds & a large armchair on your private deck perfect for looking out onto the magnificent mountain views surrounding you. Chef prepared meals, wines and unparalleled star views around a campfire is how camping should be done!
The Scenic Rim Trail hike is graded moderate to hard and is designed for people with a good level of fitness who have had previous hiking experience. Day 1 is graded moderate (grade 3) and day 2 is graded hard (level 4). The only equipment you will carry is your hiking pack (32L) and the essentials you need for the walk that day. Items might include; a camera/GoPro, jumper, any personal medications you require, a hat, 2x 750ml water bottle and your pre-prepared lunch. Your guides will also carry tea and coffee.
Ride, hike, taste and savour the sights and trails of south east Queensland. This is a fully guided tour, and we look after you from start to finish. Quality accommodation, new bikes, experienced guides, gourmet meals, wine tastings and transport are all included. Sit back, cycle and hike, and enjoy all the best of this beautiful and stunning region of Australia on this exclusive and unique experience.
What We Love About this Brisbane Valley Rail Trail + Scenic Rim hike Package
- The fun of rolling downhill on the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail from Yarraman to Esk
- Enjoying the comforts of 'glamping' style accommodation in the heart of the Scenic Rim
- Learning the secrets of the forrest from our Scenic Rim National Park accredited hiking guide
- Savouring food and wine at the award winning Sirromet Winery to complete our adventure
- Our overnight stay at the stunning Hidden Vale Resort complete with chef hatted restaurant meal and wine
What's Included in Your Brisbane Valley Rail Trail + Scenic Rim Hike Package
- 5 Nights accommodation (4 nights 4 star/glamping & 1 night 3/3.5 star)
- 6 x breakfasts with coffee/tea/drinks as required
- 5 x Lunches (2 x café, 2 x gourmet picnic,1 x winery)
- 4 x Dinners as specified in itinerary (2 x restaurant 2 courses, 2 x chef prepared campsite)
- Hire of quality Mountain bikes and helmets
- An environmentally friendly water bottle AND lightweight cycling t-shirt
- Luggage transfers and collection of any purchases each day.
- Return airport / hotel transfers and all transport as detailed in itinerary
- Service of a local qualified experienced and informative ‘ride with’ guide throughout
- Local experienced qualified hiking guide on Scenic Rim trail.
This is a great value package with only 1 meal not included, experienced guides and amazing food. All you need to do is get yourself to Brisbane and we will look after you from there.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Tour Dates 2021
The Tour de Brisbane & Scenic Rim Trails is 6 days and 5 nights.
- Start Brisbane evening Tuesday 15th June - End back in Brisbane afternoon Sunday 20th June
- Start Brisbane evening Tuesday 13th July - End back in Brisbane afternoon Sunday 18th July
- Start Brisbane evening Tuesday 27th July - End back in Brisbane afternoon Sunday 1st August
Standard price starts at $A4,263 per person
Price based on per person for 2 sharing/double. Single supplement $A450. Discount available for groups of 6 persons or more.
See the calendar below for updated dates, prices and live availability.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- All venues and accommodation are COVID accredited and practice hygiene and cleaning to reduce COVID spread.
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
Michael, July 2019
Amanda, July 2019
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrive into Brisbane, transfers available, meet your guide and fellow travellers over a restaurant dinner + overnight.