Tour de Hawkes Bay Trails – Small Group Guided Tour
This 5 day/4 night small group guided cycling itinerary ‘Tour de Hawkes Bay’ is a brilliant exploration of this stunning seaside gourmet region along the cycling trails that NZ is famous for.
Riding in a small group with a local guide means we can access many venues larger groups can't, and include special experiences in the tour (like seated wine tastings at some of the regions best wineries).
The cycling trails in Hawkes Bay are just brilliant. Seaside paths, riverside trails, passing rows and rows of vineyards, with the ever present Ta Mata peak peering over you in the distance.
To top it all off the unique Art Deco town of Napier is a delight to visit. We spend 2 nights here on this cycling tour.
We think Hawkes Bay is a little underrated, and we don't mind that one bit. Fewer crowds, hidden gems and scenic trail cycling is what we love, and we know you will too!
Ps we have timed the dates on this scheduled small group cycling tour so that you can keep heading south and join our Great Taste Trail cycling trip on the South Island to make a total NZ holiday.
What We Love About This Cycling Tour in Hawkes Bay
- Visit New Zealand’s oldest winery, The Mission Estate, for a superb dinner.
- Stop into Elephant Hill, Te Mata Estate & other cellar doors for tastings of world class reds & whites
- Spend 2 nights in quirky Art Deco town of Napier, a delightful throw back in time experience.
- Ride the fantastic, safe, off road Hawkes Bay Cycling Trails, part of the greater network of cycling trails in New Zealand.
What's Included in Your Cycling Tour in Hawkes Bay:
- 4 nights quality accommodation (2 nights in Napier at start and end)
- 3 x gourmet winery lunches from award winning venues
- 3 x restaurant meals (2 course)
- All wine tastings (and there a few if you so choose!)
- Daily luggage transfers
- Hire of quality hybrid/MTB style bike with 24/27 gears, bottle holders, carry bags
- Expert local guide throughout
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair-trade made cycling t-shirt
- Fun in the famous Tour de Vines small group atmosphere with like minded travellers
- E-bike hire $A150
- Pre & post nights in Napier $A250 per room per night.
See the calendar below for scheduled dates and prices and live availability.
Group sizes are strictly limited to 10 with limited dates available.
You can book online, request an itinerary below for further info or contact us to ask any questions.
Bikes are included in your tour price. Extras (can be booked online) are as follows:
- Extra night in Napier pre/post tour $A200 per room.
- E-bike hire $A150 per bike
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
It was an amazing tour with beautiful scenery, fantastic accommodation and amazing meals. We were not regular cyclists and we managed the distances comfortably. The lunch platters were incredible and the dinners at night were all different and all delicious. I couldn't think of a better way to take in the sights of such an amazing place. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who has a love of the outdoors, a bit of exercise and sampling delicious food and wine. It was a very well organised tour and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrive into Napier and enjoy your first gourmet dinner and overnight at the lovely ocean front hotel. Napier is stunning restored Art Deco town well worth exploring.