Tour de Provence Roman – Cycling Holiday Provence
This Cycling Holiday Provence is for the romantics, cyclists and Francophiles. But this tour is also ideal for the French historians and cultural zealots. The Tour de Provence Roman, as the name suggests, is a cycling holiday in Provence France that traces the very early history of region, visiting famous historic towns including Arles, Uzes and Orange. And no visit to Provence is complete without a stop at the famous Pont du Gard in Avignon and we uncover some secrets at this amazing site on our guided visit.
A Cycling Holiday Provence is a lifelong memory. It's no wonder that some of the greatest artists in history have based their work on the panoramas of Provence. You can discover why on this sweeping circular route through the best of southern France.
Provence offers quintessential French villages, stunning fields of lavender, distant snow capped mountain peaks, and famous star studded seaside towns of the Cote d’Azur. We know you will love this itinerary, check out the highlights listed below.
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31st December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour of Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour in Provence France
- The stunning Roman Theatre at Orange
- Pont du Gard - a World Heritage Site
- Wine tasting at Chateauneuf-du-Pape
- Breathtaking views from the citadel of Les Baux
- Follow in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh at Arles and St-Remy
- Meeting new friends and socialising in the small group
What's Included in Your Cycling Tour in Provence France
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experience bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
Provence Roman France Cycling Tour Dates for 2022
- 22nd - 29th May 2022
- 10th - 17th July 2022
- 11th - 18th September 2022
Check the calendar section on this page for the latest dates, new tours, prices and availability.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
Itinerary at a Glance
Transfers for our first night in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, an optional warm up ride and the first of many gourmet dinners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Group tours are great for making new friends and sharing an amazing experience. Tours in France have a maximum of 16 guests, a good size to ensure a level of personal service. Minimum 6 guests.
We encourage all guests to join in and cycle with the group however there is a minibus travelling along with the group that is available for anyone at any point during the day. The bus will take you for as long or as little as you wish.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the weather however dates are selected to be optimal for cycling - not too hot and not too cold! Considering the region and the temperate climate, it would be unlucky to experience more than one wet day.