Cycling Tour Alsace
This 7 day moderate to challenging Cycling Tour Alsace is a journey into an incredibly beautiful and diverse region of France. The cycling is mixed, with days of flat riding along valley floors, shouldered by endless rows of unfathomably steep vineyards, interspersed with days of moderate hilly climbs. This tour can be enjoyed by anyone with a some cycling experience, knowing that the support vehicle is never far away.
Alsace is on the eastern border of France with Germany, and is undoubtedly one of the world's best wine destinations. However keen you are to experience the stunning wines, you can't help but be struck by Alsace's beauty. It has been awarded the title of World's Best Region for Wine Tourism for good reason - it ticks all the boxes: Natural beauty; Quality & Diversity of Wines, Amazing hotels & restaurants; Historical & Cultural attractions; Dedicated cycling tour pathways - yes, yes, yes, yes & yes!
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before the 31st December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour in Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
What We Love About this Alsace France Cycling Tour
- Cycling along the majestic Rhine
- Spectacular panoramas in the Vosges mountains
- Quiet lanes through vines and orchards
- Charming half timbered and cobbled villages
- Wine tasting along the Route de Vin
- Medieval masterpieces in Colmar
- The fun of cycling in a group and making new friends!
What's Included in Your France Alsace Cycling Tour
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experience bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
Alsace France Cycling Tour Dates for 2022:
- 3rd - 9th July
Check the calendar section below for up to date prices and availability and new tour dates.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
“We just wanted to take this opportunity to send a big THANK YOU for a wonderful trip I know that it is very difficult to put all that together but I thought we had a great group and everything from the riding to the wonderful places to stay and the food were exceptional…”
Itinerary at a Glance
Frequently Asked Questions
Group tours are great for making new friends and sharing an amazing experience. Tours in France have a maximum of 16 guests, a good size to ensure a level of personal service. Minimum 6 guests.
We encourage all guests to join in and cycle with the group however there is a minibus travelling along with the group that is available to anyone at any point during the day. The bus will take you for as long or as little as you wish.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the weather however tour dates are selected to be optimal for cycling - not too hot and not too cold! Considering the region and the temperate climate, it would be unlucky to experience more than one wet day.