Tour de Burgundy Vineyards – Cycling Tour Burgundy
A cycling tour in Burgundy France, will take you not only on a food and wine journey, but across stunning natural landscapes and incredible historical landmarks. Located in central France, Burgundy is in many ways the food, wine and historical heartland of France. Once you experience the wonders of this magical region, you will understand why this is one of our most popular tours.
Tour de Vines' cycling tour in Burgundy is not just about riding a bike. We want you to have the most amazing food and wine experiences that we can bring to you, as well as enjoying spectacular scenery on beautiful cycling routes. On top of this, our cycling tours in Burgundy are structured so that you get to enjoy some amazing accommodation properties, that are high in character, history and culture, and low in mass tourism.
Our cycling tour guides in France are amazing. Fluent in French of course, and English they will have you laughing, cycling, tasting and sipping the best of the region. Our guides will also ensure you enjoy your cycling, and support is never far away. This tour is graded as intermediate with average distances around 50kms per day and rolling hills.
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31 December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour of Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
What We Love About this Burgundy Cycling Tour in France
- The majestic Abbey of Cluny
- Traffic free biking along dedicated cycleways and canal towpaths
- Sweeping landscapes of vineyards, forests and hills
- Wine tasting in prestigious Cote D'or
- Medieval masterpieces in Tournus and Beaune
- The fun of cycling in a group and making new friends!
What's Included in Your Burgundy Cycling Tour in France
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Buffet style breakfasts with croissants, pastries, meats, cheeses and cereals
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experienced bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
Burgundy Cycling Tour Dates for 2024
- 8th - 14th October 2023
- 23rd - 29th June 2024
- 6th - 12th October 2024
Check the calendar below for up to date prices and availability and new tour dates.
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
“Amazing patient and helpful guides, whose thoughtfulness very much added to the enjoyment of an excellent trip. Thanks!”
Itinerary at a Glance
We transfer from the TGV station in Mâcon to our hotel in nearby Ige. A warm up ride around the Macconais vineards to get a taste of the terrain to come then back to the hotel for the first of many amazing gourmet meals.