Tour de Burgundy Vineyards – Cycling Tour Burgundy
A cycling tour in Burgundy France, will take you not only on a food and wine journey, but across stunning natural landscapes and incredible historical landmarks. Located in central France, Burgundy is in many ways the food, wine and historical heartland of France. Once you experience the wonders of this magical region, you will understand why this is one of our most popular tours.
Tour de Vines' cycling tour in Burgundy is not just about riding a bike. We want you to have the most amazing food and wine experiences that we can bring to you, as well as enjoying spectacular scenery on beautiful cycling routes. On top of this, our cycling tours in Burgundy are structured so that you get to enjoy some amazing accommodation properties, that are high in character, history and culture, and low in mass tourism.
Our cycling tour guides in France are amazing. Fluent in French of course, and English they will have you laughing, cycling, tasting and sipping the best of the region. Our guides will also ensure you enjoy your cycling, and support is never far away. This tour is graded as intermediate with average distances around 50kms per day and rolling hills.
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31 December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour of Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
What We Love About this Burgundy Cycling Tour in France
- The majestic Abbey of Cluny
- Traffic free biking along dedicated cycleways and canal towpaths
- Sweeping landscapes of vineyards, forests and hills
- Wine tasting in prestigious Cote D'or
- Medieval masterpieces in Tournus and Beaune
- The fun of cycling in a group and making new friends!
What's Included in Your Burgundy Cycling Tour in France
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experienced bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
Burgundy Cycling Tour Dates for 2022
- 26th June - 2nd July 2022
- 2nd - 9th October 2022
Check the calendar below for up to date prices and availability and new tour dates.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
“Amazing patient and helpful guides, whose thoughtfulness very much added to the enjoyment of an excellent trip. Thanks!”
Itinerary at a Glance
Frequently Asked Questions
Group tours are great for making friends and sharing an amazing experience. Tours in France have a maximum of 16 guests, a good size to ensure a level of personal service. Minimum 6 guests.
We encourage all guests to join in and cycle with the group however there is a minibus travelling along with the group that is available for anyone at any point during the day.The bus will take you for as long or as little as you wish.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the weather however tour dates are selected to be optimal for cycling - not too hot and not too cold! Considering the region and temperate climate, it would be unlucky to experience more than one wet day.