Tour de Burgundy Vineyards – Cycling Tour Burgundy
A cycling tour in Burgundy France, will take you not only on a food and wine journey, but across stunning natural landscapes and incredible historical landmarks. Located in central France, Burgundy is in many ways the food, wine and historical heartland of France. Once you experience the wonders of this magical region, you will understand why this is one of our most popular tours.
Tour de Vines’ cycling tour in Burgundy is not just about riding a bike. We want you to have the most amazing food and wine experiences that we can bring to you, as well as enjoying spectacular scenery on beautiful cycling routes. On top of this, our cycling tours in Burgundy are structured so that you get to enjoy some amazing accommodation properties, that are high in character, history and culture, and low in mass tourism.
Our cycling tour guides in France are amazing. Fluent in French of course, and English they will have you laughing, cycling, tasting and sipping the best of the region. Our guides will also ensure you enjoy your cycling, and support is never far away. This tour is graded as intermediate with average distances around 50kms per day and rolling hills.
Your Cycling Tour in Burgundy includes:
- 6 nights accommodation in charming 3* and 4* auberges, inns and hotels
- Buffet style breakfasts with croissants, pastries, meats, cheeses and cereals
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- Arrival transfers with flexible collection from local airport or train station
- Departure transfers at the conclusion of your tour
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottles (non plastic)
- Lightweight fair trade made t-shirt ideal for cycling and active pursuits
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- 2 experienced bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
Cycling Tour Burgundy 2020 Dates:
14th – 20th June
28th June – 4th July
26th July – 1st Aug
16th – 22nd Aug
4th – 10th October
- Visit the beautiful Abbey of Cluny
- Wine tastings at the esteemed Nuits-St-George and Montrachet cellar doors
- Carefree biking on dedicated cycleways and canal paths
- Stunning landscapes of vineyards, forests, chateau and hillside villages
- The medieval creations of Tournus and Beaune
- The fun of cycling in a group and making new friends!
Itinerary at a glance
We transfer from the TGV station in Mâcon to our hotel in nearby Replonges. A warm up ride back into Macon itself to survey this lovely village then back to the hotel for the first of many amazing gourmet meals.
After passing through numerous wine villages we visit the famous Abbey of Cluny. After visiting and lunch we ride on heading for medievil Tournus our stop for the night in a converted guardhouse in the city ramparts, where another gourmet meal awaits. Cycle distance: 58kms
We cycle the Challonnaise wine region today and the heartland of Burgundy wine, with plenty of tasting opportunities. Our chateaux accommodation is in Chagny. Cycle distance: 52kms
Some hills and visits to major historical sites to make the effort worthwhile, and lunch amongst the vineyards of Cote. It's downhill after lunch to the town of Beaune, our home for 2 nights. Cycle distance: 49kms
A day of cycling amongst historical sites and vineyards for tastings as we loop back to Beaune, have tasted and visited some of the best venues in Burgundy. Cycle distance: 52kms
A shorter day of beautiful villages and world class wines with enchanting cellar doors, and yes wine tastings! We cycle to our wonderful accommodation at Chateau de Saulon and a stunning Burgundian meal for the evening. Cycle distance: 44kms
After breakfast, we arrange transfers for your onward travels and say our good byes to our new friends. And start planning for the tour next year!