Cycling Tour Loire Valley – France
A Cycling Tour in the Loire Valley is a holiday you will never forget. Tour de Vines' Cycling Tour Loire Valley takes you through some of the most beautiful countryside that France has to offer, and offers ideal off road cycling following the Rivers Loire and Cher. A stunning, relaxed 7 day cycling tour that has optional diversions for those seeking a little more of a cycling challenge, but easy enough for just about anyone to enjoy.
And if it’s French gastronomical experiences you’re after, this is the cycling tour for you. The Cycling Tour Loire Valley is our top tour in terms of food and wine, visiting some of the finest restaurants in the region, showcasing the amazing specialties of the Touraine, which are all included in your tour.
No visit to the Loire Valley is complete without a visit to the chateaux. You will visit all the incredible and famous chateaux the Loire Valley is renowned for. Admire stunning Chenonceaux spanning the River Cher. Gaze over the magnificent UNESCO listed Chambord where we spend a special 2 nights at a hotel in the chateaux grounds. Or marvel at Amboise, the home of Kings for 4 centuries.
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31st December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour of Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
What We Love about this Cycling Tour in Loire France
- The beauty of the Chateau de Chenonceau spanning the river Cher
- Idyllic riverside cycling along the Indre
- Gourmet dining in elegant Amboise
- Magnificent Chambord and cycling tour in its forests
- Meeting new friends and socialising in the small group
What's Included in Your France Cycling Tour in the Loire
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmet (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Buffet style breakfasts with croissants, pastries, meats, cheeses and cereals
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experience bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
Loire Valley France Cycling Tour Dates 2024
- 16th - 22nd June 2024
- 7th - 13th July 2024
- 25th August - 1st September 2024
Check the calendar section below for prices, live availability and new tour dates.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
The routes were wonderful, the pace was great...terrific...support...fun, informative and wonderfully organized. The places we ate and stayed were first rate, we enjoyed every minute and we can't recommend this tour enough.
Itinerary at a Glance
Collection from Tours and transfer to our hotel in the centre of Azay-le-Rideau before an optional ride and the first of many wonderful gourmet dinners.