Cycling Tour Loire Valley – France
A Cycling Tour in the Loire Valley is a holiday you will never forget. Tour de Vines' Cycling Tour Loire Valley takes you through some of the most beautiful countryside that France has to offer, and offers ideal off road cycling following the Rivers Loire and Cher. A stunning, relaxed 7 day cycling tour that has optional diversions for those seeking a little more of a cycling challenge, but easy enough for just about anyone to enjoy.
And if it’s French gastronomical experiences you’re after, this is the cycling tour for you. The Cycling Tour Loire Valley is our top tour in terms of food and wine, visiting some of the finest restaurants in the region, showcasing the amazing specialties of the Touraine, which are all included in your tour.
No visit to the Loire Valley is complete without a visit to the chateaux. You will visit all the incredible and famous chateaux the Loire Valley is renowned for. Admire stunning Chenonceaux spanning the River Cher. Gaze over the magnificent UNESCO listed Chambord where we spend a special 2 nights at a hotel in the chateaux grounds. Or marvel at Amboise, the home of Kings for 4 centuries.
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31st December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour of Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
- The beauty of the Chateau de Chenonceau spanning the river Cher
- Idyllic riverside cycling along the Indre
- Gourmet dining in elegant Amboise
- Magnificent Chambord and cycling tour in its forests
- Meeting new friends and socialising in the small group
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmet (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experience bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
Loire Valley France Tour Dates 2021:
- 20 - 26 June
- 22 - 28 August
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
The routes were wonderful, the pace was great...terrific...support...fun, informative and wonderfully organized. The places we ate and stayed were first rate, we enjoyed every minute and we can't recommend this tour enough.
Itinerary at a Glance
Collection from Tours and transfer to our hotel in the centre of Azay-le-Rideau before an optional ride and the first of many wonderful gourmet dinners.
A highlight visit to the incredible Chateau d'Usse (Sleeping Beauty castle) and a day of cycling the river banks of the Loire, Cher and Indre.
Heading to Amboise today where our 17th century house converted into hotel awaits. On the way, we cycle along the River Cher, through the countryside and stop into the village of Cormery. Dinner in town tonight.
No need to unpack as we stay another night in Amboise. A loop ride to the stunning Chateaux de Chenonceau, a highlight of the tour. Afternoon optional visit to home of Leonardo da Vinci, Clos-Luce.
A visit to Chateau de Chaumont and summer Garden Festival before lunch then arrive at our hotel in the Chateau de Chambord. Explore before dinner or enjoy a wine degustation at the Maison du Vin.
Leave your bags again as we stay another night. Options to stay on the grounds of Chambord for more time to explore or head out to visit Chateau de Cheverny. Return to our beautiful accommodation for our final memorable gourmet dinner.
Cycling 20 - 39kms
Breakfast, swap emails & goodbyes and transfer for your onward journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Group tours are great for making new friends and sharing an amazing experience. Tours in France have a maximum of 16 guests, a good size to ensure a level of personal service. Minimum 6 guests.
We encourage all guests to join in and cycle with the group however there is a minibus travelling along with the group that is available for anyone at any point during the day. The bus will take you for as long or as little as you wish.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the weather however tour dates are selected to be optimal for cycling - not too hot and not too cold! Considering the region and the temperate climate, it would be unlucky to experience more than one wet day.