Tour de Provence Luberon – Cycling Tour Provence
Our Cycling Tour Provence Luberon takes in this region made famous in Peter Mayle’s ‘A Year in Provence’, with its lavender farms and olive groves, charming villages with bustling markets overlooked by apricot-coloured houses with pastel blue shutters. Menerbes, Gordes, Roussillon with its ochre cliffs, Vaison-la- Romaine and its Roman bridge – all will enthrall you, as will the earthly delights of the wineries of Gigondas and Beaumes-de-Venise. Dine on seafood from the Mediterranean, lamb from the high pastures, glorious fruit and vegetables, and culinary masterpieces suffused with herbes de provence. This Cycling Tour Provence is a feast for all the senses as we take in the sights, sounds, tastes and smells that make this region so unique.
Aside from the incredible daily ‘Provence’ experiences, the cycling itinerary on this tour also includes ‘optional’ elements, perfect for couples, friends or groups that have varying cycling experience. For example, on Day 6 of the cycling tour there is the option to climb the famous Mt Ventoux, or simply take the scenic leisurely route to beautiful Bedoin, both fully guided and supported.
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31st December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour of Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour in Provence France
- The spectacular hilltop town of Gordes & the charm of the Provence village life
- The stunning Ochre cliffs at Roussillon
- The lunar landscape of Mont Ventoux
- The inspiring gorges of the River Nesque
- Picture postcard lavender fields (in bloom from mid June to August)
- Meeting new friends and socialising in the small group (max 16 riders)
What's Included in Your Cycling Tour in Provence France
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instruction and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Buffet style breakfasts with croissants, pastries, meats, cheeses and cereals
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experienced bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
E-bikes are available on this tour for a supplement at $A400 per bike.
Provence Luberon France Cycling Tour Dates
- 19th - 25th May 2024
Check the calendar below for up to date prices, new tour dates and availability.
Ask us about booking a private France cycling tour on your preferred dates.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
"We just wanted to take this opportunity to send a big THANK YOU for a wonderful trip I know that it is very difficult to put all that together but I thought we had a great group and everything from the riding to the wonderful places to stay and the food were exceptional…”
Itinerary at a Glance
Pick ups from Avignon station/airport, introductions and a brief optional warm up ride, or visit to the village Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, before a gourmet dinner.