Tour de Provence Luberon – Cycling Tour Provence
Our Cycling Tour Provence Luberon takes in this region made famous in Peter Mayle’s ‘A Year in Provence’, with its lavender farms and olive groves, charming villages with bustling markets overlooked by apricot-coloured houses with pastel blue shutters. Menerbes, Gordes, Roussillon with its ochre cliffs, Vaison-la- Romaine and its Roman bridge – all will enthrall you, as will the earthly delights of the wineries of Gigondas and Beaumes-de-Venise. Dine on seafood from the Mediterranean, lamb from the high pastures, glorious fruit and vegetables, and culinary masterpieces suffused with herbes de provence. This Cycling Tour Provence is a feast for all the senses as we take in the sights, sounds, tastes and smells that make this region so unique.
Aside from the incredible daily ‘Provence’ experiences, the cycling itinerary on this tour also includes ‘optional’ elements, perfect for couples, friends or groups that have varying cycling experience. For example, on Day 6 of the cycling tour there is the option to climb the famous Mt Ventoux, or simply take the scenic leisurely route to beautiful Bedoin, both fully guided and supported.
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31st December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour of Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
- The spectacular hilltop village of Gordes
- Ochre cliffs at Roussillon
- Lavendar fields (in bloom from mid June to August)
- The lunar landscape of Mont Ventoux
- The stunning gorges of the River Nesque
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instruction and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experienced bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
Provence Luberon France Tour Dates 2021:
- 13 - 19 June
- 5 - 11 September
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
"We just wanted to take this opportunity to send a big THANK YOU for a wonderful trip I know that it is very difficult to put all that together but I thought we had a great group and everything from the riding to the wonderful places to stay and the food were exceptional…”
Itinerary at a Glance
Pick ups from Avignon station/airport, introductions and a brief optional warm up ride, or visit to the village Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, before a gourmet dinner.
Cycling in the heart of Provence, some short climbs bring us to a highlight of the tour, lunch at the photogenic Luberon village of Gordes overlooking a 16th Century Chateau. Overnight in Gordes tonight, optional visit to the Abbaye de Senanque.
Heading to Lourmarin one of Provence's most charming villages, via Roussillon, Lacoste & Bonnieux.
No need to unpack as we do a loop ride through Peypin d'Aigues, delightful la Tour d'Aigues and Ansouis. Stop for a winetasting at a nearby Chateau on the way back to Lourmarin.
Riding to Sault today via the market town of Apt, St-Saturnin, past the gorges of ancient Chateau de Javon adn the lavendar fields and sheep pastures of Plateau d'Albion. Enjoy another spectacular dinner featuring the local produce.
An easy or challenging cycle awaits, as we each decide to either tackle the 1900 meter Mt Ventoux climb or cycle along the southern flank of Mont Ventoux, taking in the Gorges de la Nesque. The group meets in Bedoin to retell stories over lunch before we travel through the vineyards of the Cotes de Ventoux to our stop for the night, Mazan.
Cycling 50 - 58kms
Breakfast, exchange emails and sad farewells as we transfer to our onward destinations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Group tours are great for making new friends and sharing an amazing experience. Tours in France have a maximum of 16 guests, a good size to ensure a level of personal service. Minimum 6 guests.
We encourage all guests to join in and cycle with the group however there is a minibus travelling along with the group that is available to anyone at any point during the day. The bus will take you for as little or as long as you wish.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the weather however tour dates are selected to be optimal for cycling - not too hot and not tool cold! Considering the region and the temperate climate, it would be unlucky to experience more than one wet day.