Tour de Tuscany – Cycling Tour of Tuscany Italy
Discover Tuscany's Beauty on a Guided Cycling Tour
Nestled in the heart of Italy, Tuscany beckons with its timeless beauty and rich cultural tapestry. Our guided cycling tour invites you to immerse yourself in this enchanting region, where every pedal stroke leads to a new adventure. As you traverse the undulating landscapes, guided by our knowledgeable local Italian experts, you'll witness the magic of Tuscany unfold before your eyes.
From the bustling streets of Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance, to the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa, each stop on this 8-day journey is a brushstroke in a masterpiece. With a small, supportive group of fellow enthusiasts, you'll forge connections and share moments of awe as you explore vineyards, olive groves, and charming medieval towns that seem plucked from the pages of a storybook.
Our experienced guides, intimately familiar with the region, will lead you on a curated path through Tuscany's hidden gems and well-known treasures. They'll regale you with stories of the land's storied past and introduce you to the warm embrace of its present-day culture. This isn't just a tour; it's an invitation to become a part of the Tuscan landscape, to breathe in its scents, and to feel its heartbeat.
Of course, no journey through Tuscany would be complete without indulging in its world-renowned cuisine. Picture yourself savoring the velvety textures of artisanal pecorino cheese and the delicate flavors of locally cured prosciutto. Pair these delights with the robust notes of Chianti wines, harvested from vineyards that have been tended for generations. Every meal becomes a celebration, a tribute to the bounty of this extraordinary land.
As the sun sets over the rolling hills, casting a golden glow on cypress trees and terracotta roofs, you'll realize that Tuscany has woven its way into your soul. The spirit of la dolce vita permeates every moment, from the leisurely rides through breathtaking scenery to the laughter shared among newfound friends.
Join us on this cycling tour of Tuscany, where every mile is a story, every vista is a work of art, and every day is a celebration of life's simple pleasures. Come, let Tuscany leave an indelible mark on your heart.
What We Love About This Cycling Tour in Tuscany Italy
- The stunning town and Piazza at Lucca where we spend 2 nights
- The city of Florence in all its’ glory!
- Cheese, wine and olive oil tasting visits
- Picture postcard vineyard and olive field views as we ride through Tuscan villages
- Meeting new friends and socialising in the small group (max 16 riders)
What's Included in Your Cycling Tour in Tuscany Italy
This tour is exceptional value when you add up all the inclusions, and don't forget the priceless memories and fun times to be had!
The inclusions on this cycling tour of Tuscany are:
- 7 nights quality ensuite hotel & villa accommodation (Florence & Pisa very central locations)
- 7 x full breakfasts, some overlooking Tuscan fields from our balcony
- 4 x quality gourmet Italian dinners including special welcome dinner in Florence and departure dinner in Pisa in true Tour de Vines style
- 2 x delicious picnic lunches whilst out cycling surrounded by gardens
- Qualified local English speaking cycling tour guide (also very entertaining!)
- Support van throughout with driver (transports luggage and acts as a support van)
- 1 x wine tasting at a Tuscan vineyard
- 1 x olive oil tasting at a local farm
- 1 x cheese tasting & picnic at a Tuscan farm
- Montecatini Terme famous Thermal Spa visit (entry included)
- Verrucole Castle in San Romano visit
- Villa Reale di Marlia garden visit
- Quality hybrid style bikes (Trek FX or similar) ideal for cycling the paved roads of Tuscany (Ebike upgrades available)
- Recycled and environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Fair trade lightweight cycling t-shirt ideal for outdoor activity (quick drying, sweat wicking, anti bacterial)
- Luggage tags
- Memories and new friends to last a lifetime!
Tuscany Cycling Tour Dates & Prices
The Tour de Tuscany Italy is 7 nights/8 days cycling trip, beginning on a Saturday and finishing on Saturday.
Up to date prices and real time availability can be viewed on the calendar below.
For 2024, the dates and prices (which may change see calendar below) are:
22nd – 29th June 2024 $A5,999
24th – 31st August 2024 $A5,999
12th – 19th October 2024 $A5,999
Prices are per person based on 2 sharing (double or twin share on request). Single supplement $A1,200. A discount will apply to all bookings of 6 persons or more.
E-bikes for Cycling in Tuscany
E-bikes are available to hire for this cycling tour in Tuscany. There are 2 days of cycling that contain some hills and we recommend hiring an ebike if in doubt about your cycling ability. Request an itinerary below for more info on the daily cycling.
Trusted Cycling Tour Operator
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
You will stay in very comfortable hotels, mostly 4*. All rooms have en-suite shower or bath facilities. Prices are based on two sharing in twin or double rooms. Singles are available with supplement. Where possible, we choose hotels well located to enable you the freedom the explore the local area
We carefully select the restaurants for cuisine and ambience, and favour those with a strong regional influence where possible. We can arrange for our restaurants to cater for specific dietary requirements and allergies etc. where notified in advance.
Bikes & Support
Bikes are available, that are well maintained hybrids or mountain bikes or e-bikes, perfect for this style of cycling. Comfortable, easy to use, puncture resistant tyres and well-padded comfortable seats. BYO bikes are possible only with prior arrangement. BYO seats & pedals can also be accommodated with prior notice.
Tour de Vines has an express policy of hiring local guides. We believe this is important to not only give back to the local regions we travel in, but to also have the benefit of deep local knowledge. We want you to find the secret places, stories and history during your cycling tour with us.
On this small group tour a qualified local guide is present throughout, as well as back up support. Guides are trained in First Aid, capable bike mechanics and are local experts. More importantly they will look after your every need and ensure you are happy, have fun and stay smiling!
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrive to Florence and make your way to the hotel. A special Welcome Dinner is included where you will meet your guide and fellow travellers. Overnight Florence.