Tour de Istria Highlights Croatia – Cycling Boat Tour
Istria, on the Italian border with Croatia, is often referred to as the “green heart of Europe”. It is Croatia’s most famous peninsula and travel destination and its popularity is for good reason. Experience the highlights of Istria on this incredible cycle and sail itinerary. Explore the beautiful coastlines, the fruitful hinterlands and the fascinating harbor towns such as Pula, Poreč and Rovinj.
The Istrian Peninsula holds much to love. Medieval hilltop villages, antique monuments, picturesque vineyards, and delicious cuisine. Exploring on the daily guided bike tours, you will learn all about the region from the knowledgeable and friendly guides.
Food on board your ship is a highlight. Local specialties are prepared in the on board kitchen by qualified cooks, and the on board bar is always popular. Locals wines from the Istrian region are served.
Enjoy the hassle free life on board, with daily rides of various lengths, visiting new villages and places of interest. Best of all, you only need to pack and unpack once. You can even do your washing on board (and they dry very quickly!)
Enjoy a refreshing swim directly from the boat in the crystal clear waters of the Adriatic Sea. Once the boat has tied off in the next harbor for the night, picturesque towns await to be seen. A holiday like no other!
Need more convincing that a sail and cycling tour is for you? Read our piece on the 6 highlights of a sail and cycle tour in Istria.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour in Istria Croatia
- See the incredible Roman theatre ruins in seaside Pula
- Visit stunning Rovinj and cycle the seaside paths to explore this photogenic village
- Admire the stunning beauty of the Istrian Islands from aboard your charming sailing boat
- Ride the uncrowded roads and paths admiring ocean and island views and passing historic villages
- Soak up the on board social atmosphere making new friends
What's Including in Your Istria Cycling Tour in Croatia
- 8-day trip on a Premium ship with full crew looking after your every need
- 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet (upgrade to upper deck available)
- 2 x full board and 5 x half board meals included. Drinks bar available onboard
- Daily guided cycling tours as described in the itinerary with local English speaking guides
- Overview & maps for the daily tours (on board) if required
- Entrance fees for the National Parks (group visits only)
- Bed linen and towels supplied
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
- Memories of a lifetime!!
Istria Croatia Cycling Boat Tour Dates
Please refer to the calendar section below for up to date prices, live availability and real time tour dates.
Optional extras include (prices may change latest prices available when booking online below or contact Tour de Vines):
- Single cabin supplement is $A800 below deck and $A1200 above deck.
- You can elect to share a same sex cabin to avoid the single supplement subject to availability
- BYO bikes are acceptable (conditions apply)
- High quality Hybrid bikes are available at $A150 and can be ordered online when booking.
- Quality E-bikes are available on all departures at $A400 (limited availability).
Above deck cabins are limited so are strictly subject to availability.
Pre and post tour accommodation can also be arranged.
Istria Croatia Cycling Boat Tour Additional Info:
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 (phew!) and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
This was my third Tour de Vines trip and once again it was absolutely awesome. From sailing around beautiful Croatia, to exploring the Islands by bike, this is an adventure not to missed. Perfectly catered for, whether a bike fanatic or just a novice. I highly recommend.
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrival to Omišalj, a charming pirates nest on the island of Krk, aim for before 2pm for our first cruise to Rabac. Enjoy our first swim stop directly from the boat along the way. Overnight in Rabac.