Tour de Cognac and Atlantic Coast – France Cycling Tour
Join this 7 day cycling tour on the Atlantic Coast of France and enjoy a journey through medieval towns with beautifully preserved structures dating back from the 12th – 18th centuries. With our experienced guides on hand, we learn about the fascinating history as we cycle through quiet farmlands, riverside villages and rolling countryside. Graded as easy (2/10 difficulty), this fabulous and diverse tour is suitable for all levels of cycling experience.
Travel in classic French style as we stay in lovely chateau accommodations, soak up the sun in charming terraced cafes and cobbled streets and sample some of the region’s best gourmet offerings. Being largely coastal, think fresh fish and produce, local lamb and beef, goats cheese and of course the Cognac brandy the region is famous for.
Cycling along the Charente River, experience the quaint, old port city of La Rochelle (know as the White City) on the south west coast of France and as well as historic Rochefort. The region has a significant naval history and it is on display throughout. Taste the famous local brandy and local wine including a specialty called Pineau des Charentes (a fortified sweet wine) on this fully guided, small group tour. An experience you won't want to miss!
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31st December the preceding year and exclusive day tour in Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour in France
- Historic Rochefort
- Riding the bracing Atlantic Coast
- Guided visit and tasting at a famous distillery
- Cycling tour along the gently meandering Charente
- The beautiful old port of La Rochelle
- Roman ruins in Saintes
What's Included in Your France Cycling Tour
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- 6 nights in charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Buffet style breakfasts with croissants, pastries, meats, cheeses and cereals
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experience bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
France Cognac and Atlantic Coast Cycling Tour Dates
- 9th - 15th June 2024
- 28th July - 3rd August 2024
See calendar section below for up to date prices, live availability and dates.
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
“Would enthusiastically recommend it to other cycling nuts who have a taste for the better things in life – fine wine, good food & company; in all, a very indulgent holiday! Thanks for all the meticulous planning & preparation that made our holiday a breeze.”
Itinerary at a Glance
Collection from train station and transfer to our hotel in the Charentais countryside. Set up bikes and go for a short ride before having some free time in the afternoon and our first gourmet dinner.