Tour de South Australia Vineyards – Cycling Tour South Australia
This 6 day Cycling Tour in South Australia explores the Barossa, Clare Valley & McLaren Vale regions. Ride the Rail Trails and discover the incredible food and wine of South Australia on this gourmet cycling tour.
Soak up the knowledge of your local guide whilst discovering South Australia's best rail trails including the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Vally, The Barossa Trail & the Coast to Vines Rail Trail in McLaren Vale.
The scenery varies across the three regions we explore, from vast rows of world-class vineyards and old farm trucks of the Barossa, to the historic cellar doors and Lutheran history in the Clare, to the more modern feeling, ocean vistas of the McLaren Vale region. It all starts – and ends – in lovely Adelaide fast becoming one of Australia’s highest rated tourist cities. In fact Lonely Planet named Adelaide in the Top 10 Cities to Visit in 2019.
What We Love About This Cycling Tour of South Australia:
- Lunch at the acclaimed Skillogalee Restaurant in the Clare Valley
- Cycling the Barossa Trail and visiting iconic Maggie Beers + iconic Barossa wineries
- Experiencing the world class wines and gourmet food of South Australia
- Cycling the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Valley via historic cellar doors
- Overnight in the historic German town of Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills
- Visiting McLaren Vale riding the Shiraz Trail passing rows of vineyards
What's Included in Your Cycling Tour of South Australia
- 5 nights accommodation including 2 nights in 4.5 star in Adelaide (Mayfair or similar)
- Driver and experienced local 'ride with' guide throughout
- Vehicle support & luggage transfers
- Full breakfasts (x 5) throughout
- 4 x gourmet winery lunches with wine tastings (including Skillogallee in Clare)
- 3 x 2 course restaurant dinners
- All wine tastings and produce stops (e.g.: Maggie Beers in Barossa)
- Exclusive wine making & tasting tutorial at Wirra Wirra Wines in McLaren Vale
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
- Arrival & departure transfers (start & end date of tour only)
Bike hire is available as follows:
- Quality Giant or Trek hybrid' style bike for $250
- E-assist bike (E-bike) $400.
Bikes are fitted with rear racks, small bags and water bottle cages
This tour is exceptional value!
2023/24 Guided Cycling Tour of South Australia Dates
See live dates and availability below. Season schedule is as follows (see calendar for live updates and availability)
- Thursday 2nd March 2023 (Full join a waitlist)
- Thursday 16th March 2023 (Full join a waitlist)
- Thursday 30th March 2023
- Thursday 27th April 2023
- Thursday 21st September 2023
- Thursday 12th October 2023
- Thursday 9 November 2023
- Thursday 30 November 2023
- Thursday 7 March 2024
- Thursday 21 March 2024
- Thursday 4 April 2024
- Thursday 25 April 2024
Check the calendar with prices and dates below for live availability and any new dates.
*Note: This cycling tour can be enjoyed as a private guided tour or on a self guided basis, see the Self Guided tour option here.
You will stay in very comfortable hotels, mostly 4*. All rooms have en-suite shower or bath facilities. Prices are based on two sharing in twin or double rooms. Singles are available with supplement. Where possible, we choose hotels well located to enable you the freedom the explore the local area
We carefully select the restaurants for cuisine and ambience, and favour those with a strong regional influence where possible. We can arrange for our restaurants to cater for specific dietary requirements and allergies etc. where notified in advance.
Bikes & Support
Bikes are available, that are well maintained hybrids or mountain bikes or e-bikes, perfect for this style of cycling. Comfortable, easy to use, puncture resistant tyres and well-padded comfortable seats. BYO bikes are possible only with prior arrangement. BYO seats, pedals can also be accommodated.
On this small group tour a qualified local guide is present throughout, as well as back up support. Guides are trained in First Aid, capable bike mechanics and are local experts. More importantly they will look after your every need and ensure you are happy, have fun and stay smiling!
Award Winning Operator
Tour de Vines has been operating cycling tours in Australia for 15 years and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020, and now Hall of Fame winner.