Tour de South Australia Vineyards – Cycling Tour South Australia
This 6 day Cycling Tour in South Australia explores the Barossa, Clare Valley & McLaren Vale regions. Ride the Rail Trails and discover the incredible food and wine of South Australia on this gourmet cycling tour.
Soak up the knowledge of your local guide whilst discovering South Australia's best rail trails including the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Vally, The Barossa Trail & the Coast to Vines Rail Trail in McLaren Vale.
The scenery varies across the three regions we explore, from vast rows of world-class vineyards and old farm trucks of the Barossa, to the historic cellar doors and Lutheran history in the Clare, to the more modern feeling, ocean vistas of the McLaren Vale region. It all starts – and ends – in lovely Adelaide fast becoming one of Australia’s highest rated tourist cities. In fact Lonely Planet named Adelaide in the Top 10 Cities to Visit in 2019.
What We Love About This Cycling Tour of South Australia:
- Lunch at the acclaimed Skillogalee Restaurant in the Clare Valley
- Cycling the Barossa Trail and visiting iconic Maggie Beers, Penfolds, Seppeltsfield & more
- Experiencing the world class wines and gourmet food of South Australia
- Cycling the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Valley via historic cellar doors
- Visiting McLaren Vale overlooking the Southern Ocean & the downhill cycle to the vineyards
What's Included in Your Cycling Tour of South Australia
- 5 nights accommodation including 2 nights in 4.5 star in Adelaide (Playford or Mayfair hotel)
- Driver and experienced local 'ride with' guide throughout
- Vehicle support & luggage transfers
- Full breakfasts (x 5) throughout
- 4 x gourmet winery lunches with wine tastings (including Skillogallee in Clare)
- 4 x 2 course restaurant dinners
- All wine tastings and produce stops (e.g.: Maggie Beers in Barossa)
- Exclusive wine making & tasting tutorial at Wirra Wirra Wines in McLaren Vale
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
- Arrival & departure transfers (start & end date of tour only)
This tour is exceptional value!
2022 & 2023 Guided Cycling Tour of South Australia Dates
See live dates and availability below. Season schedule is as follows:
- Thursday 21st April 2022 (Full)
- Thursday 20th October 2022 (Full)
- Thursday 17th November 2022 (Limited)
- Thursday 8th December 2022
- Thursday 2nd March 2023
- Thursday 16th March 2023
- Thursday 30th March 2023
- Thursday 27th April 2023
Check the calendar with prices and dates below for live availability and any new dates.
*Note: This cycling tour can be enjoyed as a private guided tour or on a self guided basis, see the Self Guided tour option here.
You will stay in very comfortable hotels, mostly 4*. All rooms have en-suite shower or bath facilities. Prices are based on two sharing in twin or double rooms. Singles are available with supplement. Where possible, we choose hotels well located to enable you the freedom the explore the local area
We carefully select the restaurants for cuisine and ambience, and favour those with a strong regional influence where possible. We can arrange for our restaurants to cater for specific dietary requirements and allergies etc. where notified in advance.
Bikes & Support
Bikes are available, that are well maintained hybrids or mountain bikes or e-bikes, perfect for this style of cycling. Comfortable, easy to use, puncture resistant tyres and well-padded comfortable seats. BYO bikes are possible only with prior arrangement. BYO seats, pedals can also be accommodated.
On this small group tour a qualified local guide is present throughout, as well as back up support. Guides are trained in First Aid, capable bike mechanics and are local experts. More importantly they will look after your every need and ensure you are happy, have fun and stay smiling!
Award Winning Operator
Tour de Vines has been operating cycling tours in Australia for 15 years and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020, and now Hall of Fame winner.
Itinerary at a Glance
Frequently Asked Questions
You are welcome to BYO (bring your own) bike on this tour. Regular hybrid style bikes or hardtail mountain bikes are ideal as there are some sections on hard packed gravel.
Many guests hire from our quality fleet including hybrid style bikes complete with 27 gears, rear rack and bag, water bottle holders and soft saddles. These can be hired online when making your booking or contact us.
E-bikes are also available and make for a great fun tour if you are in any doubt about your cycling abilities or don't want the stress of feeling like you need to keep up with others.
Yes, we are able to book pre and post tour accommodation so you can stay in the same room and enjoy Adelaide without having to move.
This can be added to your booking online (see below) or contact us for me. Prices may change but at time of writing extra nights are $200 per room per night.