Cycling Tour McLaren Vale – Day Tour
This brilliant Cycling Tour McLaren Vale, only a short distance from Adelaide City, combines easy downhill cycling with winery visits and tastings, lunch and the gorgeous vineyard and coastal scenery of this region. McLaren Vale is rightly a famous wine region and is growing into a gourmet hub, and is an ideal day trip from Adelaide. Rolling vineyards that drop down to sandy beaches and the mighty Southern Ocean over the horizon, with a tasty shiraz and cheese platter to savour. This cycling tour McLaren Vale is fairly leisurely and is suitable for anyone that cycles occasionally, or perhaps hasn’t ridden a bike for years but is keen for a bit of activity. Everything is provided, so all you need to do is be ready in the morning, have a set of comfortable clothing to cycle in and bring your sense of adventure and fun.
Note: Cycling Tour McLaren Vale trips are run on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays with other days available on request for groups of 6 or more.
- Pick up, drop off and bikes are all included, so it's totally stress free
- The beautiful & easy cycling through forests, rolling vineyards with ocean views, visiting local cellar doors.
- Tasting the incredible wines of the region and enjoying a local cheese platter & more for lunch
- An optional end of day dip at the beach to cool off on a warm summers day
- Making new friends whilst visiting one of Adelaide's prettiest regions.
Itinerary at a glance
McLaren Vale cycling tour itinerary
- You will be picked up in central Adelaide approx 8.30-9am and transferred to the start point, where you will be fitted out with a good quality mountain bike and helmet.
- Cycling starts in the beautiful Kuitpo forest, before joining the Kidman trail and then descending down Willunga Hill into McLaren Vale.
- Having warmed up, it's time for refreshments, and after teasing our tastebuds with vineyards all around us, we pick our favourite cellar doors for tastings. Based on time and the riding abilities of the group, a min or 2 (often more) wineries will be visited, together with a stop for lunch.
- The day sadly concludes with a welcome pick up and transport back to Adelaide. Vehicle support is included and any purchases and exhausted riders can be collected. A optional dip at the beach on a hot day!