Cambodia Cycle Tour – Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
Join us on this amazing Cambodia Cycling Tour. Exclusively put together by Tour de Vines. Departing Phnom Penh and cycling to Siem Reap, this 8 day immersive tour gets you up close & personal with this incredible country.
The unique part of this tour is that it's not all about the cycling.
This Cambodia Cycling Tour includes an 'away from the crowds' fully guided experience at UNESCO listed Angkor Wat. This is an experience in itself, and worth coming to Cambodia for on its' own. Learn the fascinating story of these ancient temples, see the sunrise over the pagodas and visit less touristy temples on this inspiring visit.
We also uncover the secrets of Asian cooking with our exclusive private cooking class in Siem Reap. Be surprised by how good the food in Cambodia is!
We visit rural villages with smiling locals, take a ride on a ferry with our bikes over Lake Tonle Sap and experience real life in Asia. We will also learn about some of the darker history of Cambodia with locally guided history tours whilst in Phnom Penh, a moving experience.
The Cycling in Cambodia
The cycling component has been specifically developed for recreational cyclists, averaging around 45kms per days on flat and easy terrain. The cycling is fully guided and supported with a support van never far away.
Cambodia is in a tropical part of Asia. So it does get warm. We have carefully timed the tour dates to take advantage of favourable Cambodia weather at that time of year. Not too hot, and outside of the wet season.
This tour is great value. Your accommodation has been carefully selected to be boutique style, traditional Cambodian whilst having all the comforts of a 4 star equivalent. As an example, in Siem Reap we often use the The Cyclo d'Angkor Boutique Hotel. Breakfasts and dinners are also included.
Check out this short video clip to give you a feel for what to expect on a Cambodia cycling tour with Tour de Vines.
- Full day guided cycling tour of UNESCO listed Angkor Wat in Siem Reap (escape the crowds, visit lesser known but equally impressive temples, watch the sunrise over this stunning site).
- Participate in a wok style cooking class at a local cooking school and learn the secrets to great Asian flavours
- The weather. We have timed this tour to take advantage of warm but dry weather in Cambodia, and not too hot and not too wet!
- Happy smiling and welcoming locals and incredibly friendly people
- Our local guides and support crew are incredible, and will be like family by the end of your tour
What's Included in Your Cambodia Cycling Tour
This tour is exceptional value when you add up what's included:
- 7 Nights accommodation as stated in itinerary (see hotel list)
- 8 x cooked breakfasts
- 7 x Dinners as specified in itinerary
- Snacks, fresh local fruits and drinking water and cold towels for biking days
- 1 x full day guided Angkor Wat tour including entrance fees
- 1 x private cooking class (includes dinner)
- Hire of quality mountain touring bikes and helmets
- An environmentally friendly water bottle
- A 'buff' to use to keep cool + use as a dust shield when needed (very handy in Asia)
- A fair trade lightweight t-shirt ideal for warm Asia weather
- Personal small bottle of hand sanitiser
- Transport of your luggage throughout
- Return airport / hotel transfers and additional transport as detailed in itinerary
- Service of a local ‘ride with’ guide throughout plus a support team (2 guides)
- An amazing journey and memories that will last forever!
Cambodia Cycling Tour Dates
Check the calendar below for the latest dates, availability and prices.
For the 2023/24 season we have our Cambodia cycling tour departing on the following dates, starting in Phnom Penh
- 4th January end Siem Reap 11th January 2024
- 4th February 2024 end 11th February 2024
- 27th February 2024 end 5th March 2024
Extras, which can be booked online below or through us, are:
Ebike extra $400 (quality Trek hardtail MTB or similar)
Pre and post nights in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap $180 per room per night (divide by 2 if sharing, subject to room type and availability)
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
...there was no better way to experience these incredibly beautiful people and their way of life. The tour delivered on unique as well as popular attractions, great guides, accommodation and our group was amazing
Itinerary at a Glance
Upon arrival in Phnom Penh, meet your guide at the airport and transfer to you hotel in Phnom Penh for check-in. Enjoy the rest of the day is free to explore Phnom Penh. Kindly note that check-in time is at 14:00. You may wish to take a stroll along the riverside, a great place for a cold drink and watching the sunset. Tonight (7.30pm) we meet to enjoy a welcome dinner to meet your fellow riders and guides. Meals: Dinner