Cycling Tour Barossa & Clare Valley
This cycling tour in the Barossa and Clare Valley lets you discover the incredible food and wine highlights of South Australia at your own pace.
Gently cycle your way to famous venues including Maggie Beers, Penfolds and Jacobs Creek as well as some hidden secrets along the way. Dine at award winning cellar doors including Skillogalee and O’Leary Walker’s in the Clare Valley.
The cycling is predominantly off road using the paved Barossa trail and the fantastic Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare. Being self guided you can ride as little or as much as you like (as long as you make it to the lunch bookings which are well worth a little effort). This tour is fully supported with luggage transfers, on call support, bikes, helmets, maps, directions and printed itineraries all provided.
What’s included in your Barossa & Clare cycling tour:
- Bikes & helmets (e-bikes available) can be hired or BYO (no need to transport bikes)
- 2 nights quality ensuite accommodation (Auburn & Clare)
- 3 x gourmet winery lunches and all wine tastings
- 1 x 2 course dinner (Auburn)
- 2 x cooked breakfasts with drinks (coffee/tea)
- On call support throughout+ Luggage transfers (x 2)
- Printed itinerary, marked maps, recommended stops
- An environmentally friendly water bottle & lightweight fair trade t-shirt is supplied
- Guaranteed fun, great value and a memorable food, wine and cycling adventure!
What you need to provide:
Own transfers between Barossa and Clare and return. Transfers throughout can be provided for an additional $750 (perfect for groups) or we recommend hiring a car in Adelaide (no bike transport is required so any small or medium car is fine. Try Avis in Adelaide.
Being self guided you can choose to enjoy this tour on any day or date that suits you (please be aware all venues are closed on Xmas day and many close for Boxing day and New Years day).
- Visiting famous Maggie Beers, Penfolds, Jacobs Creek in the Barossa
- Cycling the brilliant Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Valley
- Tasting world class wines in Australia's most renowned wine region, the Barossa
- Gourmet meals at award winning Skillogallee & O'Leary Walker cellar doors
- Sweeping vineyard views, whilst cycling the safe off road trails
Itinerary at a glance
Own transport to Barossa, grab bikes, explore wonderful Barossa including a gourmet lunch at a Barossa winery (35kms). Drop bikes, transfer to Clare, overnight in Auburn
Breakfast, bikes provided, cycle to Clare (35kms), dine at award winning Skillogalee Winery. Overnight Clare
Breakfast, jump on bikes, cycle to Auburn (35kms), lunch included, drop bikes. Self drive onward journey.