Cycling Tour Barossa & Clare Valley
This cycling tour in the Barossa and Clare Valley lets you discover the incredible food and wine highlights of South Australia at your own pace.
Gently cycle your way to famous venues including Maggie Beers, Penfolds and Jacobs Creek as well as some hidden secrets along the way. Dine at award winning cellar doors including Skillogalee and O'Leary Walker's in the Clare Valley.
The cycling is predominantly off road using the paved Barossa trail and the fantastic Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare. Being self guided you can ride as little or as much as you like (as long as you make it to the lunch bookings which are well worth a little effort). This tour is fully supported with luggage transfers, on call support, bikes, helmets, maps, directions and printed itineraries all provided.
How Does this Self Guided Cycling Tour Work?
This cycling tour package includes 1 day cycling in the Barossa and 2 days cycling in the Clare Valley on the Riesling Rail Trail. There is transport required from Adelaide to the Barossa, Barossa to Clare and then from Clare at the conclusion of the tour.
Transport options are:
- Self drive (own vehicle or hire car), where we arrange bikes in each of the regions so you don't have to carry bikes, just ride them! This option is recommended for couples or small groups.
- Use our transport service (ideal for groups) with the option to BYO bikes or choose from our fleet of hybrid or E-bikes.
Request an itinerary below for more detailed information.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour in Barossa & Clare Valley
- Visiting famous venues such as Maggie Beers, Penfolds, Jacobs Creek in the Barossa but also some of the lesser known outlets
- Cycling the brilliant off road scenic Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Valley
- Tasting world class wines in Australia's most renowned wine region, the Barossa
- Gourmet meals at award winning Skillogallee & O'Leary Walker cellar doors
- Sweeping vineyard views, whilst cycling the safe off road trails
What's included in your Barossa & Clare cycling tour:
- 2 nights quality ensuite accommodation (Auburn & Clare)
- 3 x gourmet winery lunches and all wine tastings
- 1 x 2 course dinner (1st night)
- 2 x breakfasts with drinks (coffee/tea)
- On call support throughout
- Luggage transfers (x 2)
- Printed itinerary, marked maps, recommended stops
- Bikes & helmets (e-bikes available) can be hired or BYO (no need to transport bikes)
- An environmentally friendly water bottle & lightweight fair trade t-shirt is supplied
- Guaranteed fun, great value and a memorable food, wine and cycling adventure!
Being self guided you can choose to enjoy this tour on any day or date that suits you (please be aware all venues are closed on Xmas day and many close for Boxing day and New Years day and Easter Good Friday).
Prices & live availability can be seen on the calendar below.
1. Bikes: You can BYO your bike for no additional fee or hire from our fleet of quality bikes for an additional fee (Regular $200 or E-bikes $300).
2. Transport: We can provide transport throughout to make life even easier for you. Ideal for groups our mini bus and driver will transfer you and luggage and bikes between regions as per the itinerary, for an extra fee of $750 (total so divide by numbers in your party). Transport is limited to availability and will depend on what dates you choose.
3. Extra night accommodation in Adelaide. Let us know add a night pre or post cycling at the lovely Mayfair Hotel or similar (rates will vary depending on night of stay).
See prices and options and book online below.
There is some transport required between the regions as follows:
- Day 1: Adelaide to Barossa start of day
- Day 2: Barossa to Auburn start of day
- Day 3: No transport required
- Day 4: Auburn back to Adelaide or onward journey at end of tour
You have the choice of:
- Own transfers throughout. If no access to own vehicle we recommend hiring a car in Adelaide (no bike transport is required so any small or medium car is fine. Try Avis in Adelaide.
- Transfers throughout can be provided for an additional $750 (ideal for groups using our bus and driver for this tour).
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
We were 4 ladies from Christchurch New Zealand. This bike ride through glorious wine country, Barossa, Clare Valley and McLaren Vale would have to be the best we've ever done! Everything including the itinerary, the bikes, food and especially the knowledgable, friendly and fun guy our tour guide Paul, was outstanding. We loved it 😀 We thoroughly recommend this tour! Thanks " Tour de Vines"
Itinerary at a Glance
Own transport to Barossa, grab bikes, explore wonderful Barossa including a gourmet lunch at a Barossa winery. Drop bikes, transfer to Clare, overnight in Auburn
Cycling distance 35kms