Tour de Grand Gourmet – Cycling Tour North East Victoria
This 5 day/4 nights cycling tour North East Victoria is for anyone wanting to cover all the major sights and gourmet delights in this increasingly popular cycling region. Using the easy, off road Murray to Mountains rail trail as our cycling path, you will taste the gourmet treats that abound in the north east Victoria region, as well as enjoying the incredible scenery and accessible and safe cycling paths. Enjoy an exclusive wine tasting tutorial, and a cooking class with a famous local chef in Milawa. A unique and amazing gourmet cycling tour in north east Victoria.
This ‘Grand Gourmet’ cycling tour North East Victoria can be undertaken as a self guided tour, or with a guide and a small group (max 10) of fellow riders on the dates below. The self guided tours can be enjoyed at any time or date. Dedicated group departures can be provided for a minimum of 6 riders.
Small group guided tours (limited to 10 per group) departing:
- Thursday 13th April 2017 (Easter Long Weekend – Fri 14th & Mon 17th holidays) – FULL
- Friday 3rd November 2017 (Melbourne Cup long weekend).
- Cycling the brilliant, well laid Murray to Mountains Rail Trail
- Enjoy the historic and scenic town of Beechworth
- Learn the local gourmet secrets at a private Cooking class (group tour option only)
- Soak in the stunning Alpine scenery and get close to rural farm gates
- The food and wine! This is a tour for the true gourmands (or just those who love tasting food & wine!)
Itinerary at a glance
- Day 1: Own transport to Beechworth (3+ hours north east of Melbourne). Overnight in Beechworth + dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, then cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Milawa+ wine tastings + lunch. Overnight in Milawa + dinner. Distance 30kms or option 62kms via Wangarratta
- Day 3: Breakfast, then cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Myrtleford + farm gates + winery lunch. Overnight in Myrtleford + dinner. Distance 43kms.
- Day 4: Breakfast, cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Bright + farm gates + winery lunch. Overnight in Bright + dinner (cooking class when available). Distance 30kms
- Day 5: Breakfast + Cooking class in Bright and/or ride to Harrietville. Bus collection with bikes, luggage and purchases and transfer back to Beechworth.