Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Cycling Tour
3 days/2 Nights
The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
At 161kms in length the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail is the longest rail trail in Australia. This self guided cycling tour will have you riding the best sections of this fantastic Queensland getaway, whilst taking care of those pesky logistics for you.
There are some stunning bridges, some we cross and some we go under. Being elevated at the northern end there are terrific views. It’s undeniably outback Queensland but we have found a couple of gourmet secrets so we do get to enjoy quality meals.
Cycling the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail is a little bit of an adventure. It’s still on the easy side in terms of difficulty, the distances are achievable for most riders, and we start this tour at the northern end so it’s largely downhill. Although small sections are paved, the majority of the trail is either hard packed gravel or dirt track. So we recommend well-equipped mountain bikes (you can BYO bike or ask about our rental fleet).
It wouldn't be Queensland without some great pubs and iconic outback buildings to visit. It all makes for a wonderful getaway on this Brisbane Valley Rail Trail cycling tour.
What We Love About this Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Cycling Tour
- Enjoy the downhill cycling from Yarraman on the safe, fun Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
- Experience the charming outback towns of Esk, Yarraman & Fernvale
- Wildlife spotting including koala, emu and echidna
- Revisit the past at the old restored train stations
- Savour the friendly Queensland regional hospitality
What’s Included In Your Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Cycling Tour
- 2 x Nights accommodation (3/3.5 star)
- 2 x Breakfasts with coffee/tea/drinks as required
- 1 x Café Lunch
- 1 x Dinner
- Transfers to Yarraman on Day 1
- Transfer from Fernvale back to Esk on Day 2
- On call support throughout
- Printed itinerary and maps for reference
- An environmentally friendly water bottle AND lightweight cycling t-shirt
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Cycling Tour Dates & Prices
As a self guided tour you have the freedom to choose any date/s that suit you, subject only to accommodation availability.
Prices do vary depending on your dates (note there is a supplement for public holidays) and start at $679 per person on a double/twin share basis.
Bike hire is additional and is as follows:
Mountain Bike (Trek hard tail) $80
E-Mountain Bike (Trek) $120
All new bookings are covered by our COVID 100% refund guarantee, if your booked tour is not able to be enjoyed we will refund all payments made in the event you need to cancel.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
Itinerary at a Glance
Today make your way to the quaint outback Queensland town of Esk, 64km north of Ipswich on the Brisbane Valley Highway. Check in to your accommodation at the local Wivenhoe Motor Inn (or equivalent depending on availability). An evening meal booking is made for you and is included in your tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are welcome to BYO your bike (recommend mountain bike style as some sections of the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail are hard packed gravel with loose dirt and stones).
Or you are welcome to hire from our quality fleet of mountain bikes, and we have e-mountain bikes too!
See Dates & Prices above for the latest rates.
The accommodation is in Esk and will depend on your specific dates and how many in your group, but our regular property is the Wivenhoe Motor Inn (or equivalent depending on availability).
The cycling on this Brisbane Valley Rail Trail tour is graded as easy. The only element that might challenge a beginner riders is the occasional bumpy surface (and a sore touche!).
Day 1 is largely downhill and flat and covers approximately 50kms
Day 2 is almost all flat and is 40kms.
We have a fleet of e-bikes available to hire if you have any doubts about the cycling. They are such great fun and will make life very enjoyable on this ride!