Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Cycling Tour
3 days/2 Nights
The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
At 161kms in length the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail is the longest rail trail in Australia. This self guided cycling tour will have you riding the best sections of this fantastic Queensland getaway, whilst taking care of those pesky logistics for you.
There are some stunning bridges, some we cross and some we go under. Being elevated at the northern end there are terrific views. It’s undeniably outback Queensland but we have found a couple of gourmet secrets so we do get to enjoy quality meals.
Cycling the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail is a little bit of an adventure. It’s still on the easy side in terms of difficulty, the distances are achievable for most riders, and we start this tour at the northern end so it’s largely downhill. Although small sections are paved, the majority of the trail is either hard packed gravel or dirt track. So we recommend well-equipped mountain bikes (you can BYO bike or ask about our rental fleet).
It wouldn't be Queensland without some great pubs and iconic outback buildings to visit. It all makes for a wonderful getaway on this Brisbane Valley Rail Trail cycling tour.
What We Love About this Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Cycling Tour
- Enjoy the downhill cycling from Yarraman on the safe, fun Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
- Experience the charming outback towns of Esk, Yarraman & Fernvale
- Wildlife spotting including koala, emu and echidna
- Revisit the past at the old restored train stations
- Savour the friendly Queensland regional hospitality
What’s Included In Your Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Cycling Tour
- 2 x Nights accommodation (3/3.5 star)
- 2 x Breakfasts with coffee/tea/drinks as required
- 1 x Café Lunch
- 1 x Dinner
- Transfers to Yarraman on Day 1
- Transfer from Fernvale back to Esk on Day 2
- On call support throughout
- Printed itinerary and maps for reference
- An environmentally friendly water bottle AND lightweight cycling t-shirt
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Cycling Tour Dates & Prices
As a self guided tour you have the freedom to choose any date/s that suit you, subject only to accommodation availability.
Prices do vary depending on your dates (note there is a supplement for public holidays) and start at $679 per person on a double/twin share basis.
Bike hire is additional and is as follows:
Mountain Bike (Trek hard tail) $140
E-Mountain Bike (Trek) $220
All new bookings are covered by our COVID 100% refund guarantee, if your booked tour is not able to be enjoyed we will refund all payments made in the event you need to cancel.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
Itinerary at a Glance
Today make your way to the quaint outback Queensland town of Esk, 64km north of Ipswich on the Brisbane Valley Highway. Check in to your accommodation at the local Wivenhoe Motor Inn (or equivalent depending on availability). An evening meal booking is made for you and is included in your tour.