Tour de Bright – Cycling Tour Beechworth to Bright
This Cycling Tour from Beechworth to Bright in North East Victoria is the perfect long weekend or mid week escape. Explore historic Beechworth before cycling on the safe, iconic Murray to Mountains Rail Trail through Myrtleford and then onto gorgeous Bright, discovering wonderful wineries, food and produce outlets all under the gaze of the beautiful Victorian Alps.
3 nights accommodation is included, a night in each of Beechworth, Myrtleford and Bright in the stunning Alpine Valley. Enjoy daily luggage transfers, back up support, gourmet meals and wine tastings, farm gate stops, return transfers and a stress free, fun cycling escape.
Your tour is a 3 night itinerary with 2 cycling days and is self guided, so you can choose any day or date that suits you and cycle at your own pace. All maps, itinerary, water bottles and more are provided. This is an all inclusive tour, so all you need to do is make the booking and everything is done for you. Your tour includes special stops and secret spots along the way that we have discovered for you.
The cycling is relatively easy, in fact it is easy! Riding along the well paved, well sign posted Murray to Mountains Rail Trail - it's off road, safe and stress free. The rail trail runs all the way from Beechworth to Bright making navigation simple. Enjoy stunning vistas down the Alpine Valley, cycling underneath towering Mt Buffalo whilst passing poplar trees, hops farms, wineries, berry farms and so much more. The cycling distances are around 30-40kms per day with the majority downhill or flat.
We have new 24 gear flat bar Trek bikes available to hire or if you're in any doubt, why not hire one of our new eBikes. These are like any normal bike but come with 'pedal assist' technology that gives you a little extra boost when you need it, meaning you can keep up with friends or get to your destination without any stress.These can all be added during your booking online. See our bike range here. Or of course you are welcome to BYO bike.
*Accommodation can book out for peak holiday and long weekend dates so it’s wise to book any preferred dates early. There is a $50pp surcharge for tours that include any Victorian public holiday dates.
Check out more of our favourite Victorian cycling tours here.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour from Beechworth to Bright:
Dine at some terrific food and wine venues in this growing gourmet region
Cycle the paved, off road Murray to Mountains Rail Trail and enjoy the stunning Alpine scenery
Savour an exclusive wine & food matching session over lunch at the very popular Gapsted winery (note due to COVID this venue is now closed on Tues & Wed)
Relax and enjoy this beautiful escape, unwind from the daily grind in stunning north east Victoria
- All the logistics are taken care of for you, and with on call support throughout you can enjoy your getaway with complete peace of mind
What's Included in Your Beechworth to Bright Cycling Tour
- 3 nights quality accommodation (B&B, hotel ensuite 3.5-4.5 star standard)
- 3 x cooked breakfasts
- 2 x sumptuous winery platter lunches with wine tastings (note closed on Tues/Wed so tours starting on Monday have alternative venues)
- 2 x dinners
- Daily luggage transfers and pick up of any purchases you have made (so you don't have to carry any wine bottles!)
- Return transfers from Bright back to Beechworth (1 hr) (Wangaratta & Albury transfers available)
- On call support throughout
- Printed itinerary, personalised marked maps & luggage tags provided
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle included
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt included with your tour
- Quality Trek FX hybrid bikes ($100) or new e-bikes ($150) available to hire
- Transfers to and from Wangaratta Train station (80) or Albury airport (120 total)
- Extra night pre or post tour in Beechworth or Bright at same property (200 per room per night)
- Accommodation upgrades are available subject to availability at $125 per room per night.
All tour participants receive a Tour Kit which includes itinerary, maps, cycling water bottles, free lightweight fair trade t-shirts and more.
This tour is self guided so you can travel any day or date that suits you, subject only to accommodation availability.
Prices do vary depending on dates and number of travellers, and can be checked on the calendar on this page (see below).
A peak season supplement applies from 1 March to 31 May each year to cover increased accommodation costs.
Additionally, a small surcharge of $100 pp applies for any tours booked over a long weekend or any Australian or Victorian Public Holiday including Easter.
Self guided cycling tours do require participants to be adaptable and able to solve issues whilst on tour. On call support is included in your tour, but it is expected that you will know how to repair punctures and make minor adjustments to gears, handlebars and seats if required, and if bringing your own bike then this is expected. For anything more serious, we will be able to assist with a call to our 1300 665 330 number at any time during your trip. You should be able to read a map and follow directions, either on a device or a printed map (supplied) and that you have a good sense of direction. Getting a little bit lost, or having to ask locals for directions is all part of choosing to travel on a self guided basis. The maps and directions provided to you is updated regularly and tailored to your specific trip (hotels, restaurants are noted, and marked). If this is something that makes your nervous or uncertain, or if you know for sure that you can’t fix a puncture or aren’t confident reading a map, then we do recommend our extensive range of small group fully guided tours where all the stress of navigation, bike maintenance and logistics are all done for you. However, if comfortable with this then the freedom of a self guided cycling trip is wonderful, and once confident can be the preferred choice across our range of cycling tours.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every usage including bikes and bus surfaces
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrive anytime into Beechworth enjoy the historic cobbled streets of this delightful town before you first gourmet dinner. Overnight at a lovely local B&B