Tour de Grand Gourmet – Cycling Tour North East Victoria
This 5 day/4 nights cycling tour in North East Victoria is for anyone wanting to cover all the major sights and gourmet delights in this increasingly popular cycling region. Using the paved, largely flat, off road Murray to Mountains rail trail as the cycling path, you will taste the gourmet treats that abound in the north east Victoria region, as well as enjoy the incredible scenery and accessible, safe cycling paths. Starting in Beechworth, you will cycle to Milawa, Myrtleford and Bright over 4 nights.
This tour has 3 days cycling covering the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail in almost it’s entirety, a relatively easy 100kms with only 1 small and gentle uphill section on the second day. The cycling is suitable for even novice or beginner riders, and we now have electric assist bikes available if you have any doubts! The tour is fully supported with a van only a phone call away.
Being self guided, you are free to cycle as far and wide as you like. Recommended routes and maps are provided but navigation is easy so you are free to roam! There are plenty of lovely optional add on rides including around Beechworth on arrival day and from Bright before your departure transfers.
The Gourmet Treats
Our guests are often surprised at the quality of food and wine from the region. Your tour includes restaurant meals in the evenings, platter style feasts for lunch and full breakfasts throughout (with the all imporant coffee – or tea!). As a guest of Tour de Vines you will enjoy exclusive food and wine tastings (e.g. food and wine pairing at beautiful Gapsted Winery on Day 3).
The tour represents remarkable value when you see what’s included:
- 4 nights accommodation (including beautiful Lancemore Milawa)
- 4 x full breakfasts
- 3 x winery gourmet lunches (incl exclusive wine/food tasting at Gapsted Winery)
- 4 x restaurant quality dinners (2 courses)
- All produce and wine tasting stops and collection of any purchases you make
- Daily luggage transfers and on call support
- Return transfers from Bright to Beechworth at end of tour
- Detailed itinerary, marked maps & directions (although navigation is very easy)
- Environmentally friendly water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
- Local guide throughout (on guided departure dates)
- Trek 24 gear hybrid or electric assist bikes available for hire
- Albury airport (Bris, Syd, Melb flights) or Wangaratta train station transfers available
*please note there is a $100pp fee that will be added for any tours that include a Victoria public holiday including Easter, Labour Day, New Years & Boxing Day. Tours aren’t run over Xmas Day due to venue closures.
Private Guided Tours
This ‘Grand Gourmet’ cycling tour North East Victoria can be undertaken as a private tour with a guide if required, on any day or date that suits you. Contact Tour de Vines on 1300 665 330 to discuss.
- Cycling the brilliant, well laid, off road Murray to Mountains Rail Trail
- Enjoy the historic and scenic town of Beechworth
- Soak in the stunning Alpine scenery and get close to rural farm gates
- Enjoy incredible food & wine from this increasingly popular gourmet region
Itinerary at a glance
- Day 1: Own transport to Beechworth (3+ hours north east of Melbourne). Overnight in Beechworth + dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, then cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Milawa+ wine tastings + lunch. Overnight in Milawa + dinner. Distance 30kms or option 62kms via Wangarratta
- Day 3: Breakfast, then cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Myrtleford + farm gates + winery lunch. Overnight in Myrtleford + dinner. Distance 43kms.
- Day 4: Breakfast, cycle via the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Bright + farm gates + winery lunch. Overnight in Bright + dinner. Distance 30kms
- Day 5: Breakfast in Bright, optional ride to Harrretville or the challenging Tawonga Gap. Bus collection with bikes, luggage and purchases and transfer back to Beechworth.