Cycling Tour NSW South Coast
A stunning coastal getaway
The New South Wales south coast is famous for raw, uncrowded beaches, whale watching and quaint country towns. Explore this coastal gem using the scenic cycling paths that follow the coastline, whilst having all the logistics looked after for you.
This cycling tour is an easy self-guided 4-day/3 night ride along the beautiful south coast of NSW. Within each reach of Sydney, starting in the beautiful beachside suburb of Thirroul and following the coast south to the dramatic headland and lighthouse in Kiama. The route is primarily flat and runs mainly along cycle paths, and there is plenty to see and do along the way.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour NSW South Coast:
Apart from the joy of cycling the incredible coastal paths, we also love:
• Watching out for whales and dolphins along the coast.
• Swimming at the beaches and unique beach pools dotted on route.
• Dining on freshly cooked fish and chips on a beachside picnic after a day of gentle cycling.
• Visiting the Nan Tien Temple, the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern Hemisphere.
• Cycling the picturesque Lake Illawarra and the sparkling blue waters of Windang Beach.
• Enjoying the waterside accommodation and the sound of the sea in the evenings.
What Is Included in Your NSW South Coast Tour
This package is great value when you consider the inclusions
• 3 night accommodation in quality properties all with ensuite
• 3 x breakfasts with hot drinks (tea/coffee)
• Printed detailed itinerary, marked maps and ride notes,
• Bike locks, handlebar panniers, extra rear pannier if required
• All luggage transfers
• On call support throughout
• Environmentally friendly cycling water bottles.
• Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirts
• Personal face mask
• Personal hand sanitiser bottle
Quality adult and/or children's bikes & helmets are available for hire or you can BYO.
E-Bikes are now also available (small additional fee see below) by prior arrangement.
See prices on the calendar below or contact Tour de Vines to check availability.
This is a self-guided tour so can be enjoyed on any day or date, subject only to accommodation availability.
Prices below are a guide only and subject to change (note there is a $100 surcharge for any tours booked that include or shoulder with an Australia or NSW public holiday).
- Single $A1470
- Double or Twin share $A1150 per person
- Group of 6 or more $A1050 per person (double/twin share made as a single booking)
- Bike hire Hybrid $A 150
- E-bike hire $A 250
Luggage Transfers & Support
Whilst you enjoy the freedom of cycling self guided, support is never far away. A local team is available as and when required and will transfer your luggage daily to your accommodation. If you have issues with your hire bikes, or inclement weather arrives our support will be there for you, so you can rest easy knowing help is at hand, and enjoy your surroundings and experience.
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- Venues visited (eg accommodation) adhere to COVID safe hygiene and social distancing rules (when last checked)
Why Travel with Tour de Vines?
Tour de Vines has been awarded Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and recently 2020, so you can be assured of great service and wonderful tour inclusions and value.
Easy riding, great track from Thirroul and so many gorgeous beaches. Windang was such a surprise and the beach is stunning, recommend getting there early to enjoy this little paradise. So many cafes and restaurants along the way made it easy, and the accommodation was spot on. What a great trip!
Itinerary at a Glance
Make your way to Thirroul (drive or train) and be met for luggage collection and bike handover, and ride the coastal bike path to Wollongong for an easy intro day. Overnight at seaside Novotel North Beach in Wollongong.
Cycling distance 16kms + swim!