Tour de Pedal to Produce – Day Cycling Tour
Our Pedal to Produce tour is a brilliant cycling tour that captures the major highlights of Beechworth and Milawa gourmet region. Sip organic wine, taste local lemon infused olive oil, sample a whole range of different locally made cheeses, and enjoy the beautiful Alpine farm scenery with easy & safe cycling.
This day tour is perfect if you’re staying in Beechworth or nearby, and would like to explore the region but don’t know where to start. Your day starts and ends in Beechworth and uses the paved Murray to Mountains Rail Trail.
The riding on the Tour de Pedal to Produce is easy and safe. You enjoy plenty of delightful gourmet stops. Total distance is (approx) 35kms with 15kms downhill and the rest completely flat. And you have on call support available throughout your day for that extra peace of mind.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour from Beechworth:
- Cycling the well laid, scenic Murray to Mountains Rail Trail
- Cheese tasting at the iconic Milawa Cheese Factory in Milawa
- Sumptuous lunch at the delightful new Henleys Kitchen & Wine Bar in Milawa (or similar depending on day of travel)
- Wine tastings at 3 different and unique cellar doors.
- The bus transfer home (and purchase collections) so you don't have to cycle after over indulging!!
Your Pedal to Produce Cycling Tour Includes:
- Meet & Greet: Our local concierge will meet you, assist with bike fitting if hiring, and provide final instructions before you head off on your day of riding and gourmet treats.
- Your Lunch: A sumptuous platter style serving (Veg/GF options available) including drinks (non alcoholic). Note other venues may be used depending on the specific day/date of travel.
- Cheese Tasting: Your tour includes a tasting of a range of the famous Milawa Cheese factory delights!
- All Tastings: Your tour includes tasting stops at 3 cellar doors (there are more to visit if keen) + 2 produce stops (again more if keen).
- Directions: You are provided detailed cycling directions (although it is pretty easy) and a full itinerary once your booking is confirmed.
- On Call Support: Should you encounter any issues along the way we are only a phone call away.
- Transport: You will be collected in Milawa at the end of your ride so you can indulge in the many food and wine tastings! The bonus is you avoid cycling back up the big hill to Beechworth. We will take you back to your Beechworth accommodation or any other central location.
- Your Purchases are Collected: Your return transport collects any purchases you have made along the way. So you don't have to worry about lugging all that food and wine you've purchased whilst cycling.
- Discounted Bike Hire: Quality 24 gear Trek bikes with helmet are only $10, or go for an electric assist bike for only $25.
That's great value and a fun, stress free way to spend a day out enjoying the fresh air.
The Tour de Pedal to Produce is available on select days and may vary depending on opening times of venues (lunch, wineries), please refer the calendar below for live date availability.
Please note variations in the itinerary may occur depending on your day and month of travel.
24 hours notice is required for your booking. Call 1300 665 330 or book online (see calendar below).
BYO - Free
Hybrid Trek FX - $10
E-Bikes - $25
Bikes include rear racks, small pannier bags, water bottle holders.
Public Holiday Surcharge
A $10 pp surcharge is applied post booking for any tours that are booked on a Australian or Victorian Public Holiday.
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 (phew that's a lot) and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
Self guided cycling tours do require participants to be adaptable and able to solve issues whilst on tour. On call support is included in your tour, but it is expected that you will know how to repair punctures and make minor adjustments to gears, handlebars and seats if required, and if bringing your own bike then this is expected. For anything more serious, we will be able to assist with a call to our 1300 665 330 number at any time during your trip. You should be able to read a map and follow directions, either on a device or a printed map (supplied) and that you have a good sense of direction. Getting a little bit lost, or having to ask locals for directions is all part of choosing to travel on a self guided basis. The maps and directions provided to you are updated regularly and tailored to your specific trip (hotels, restaurants are noted, and marked). If this is something that makes you nervous or uncertain, or if you know for sure that you can’t fix a puncture or aren’t confident reading a map, then we do recommend our extensive range of small group fully guided tours where all the stress of navigation, bike maintenance and logistics are all done for you. However, if comfortable then the freedom of a self guided cycling trip is wonderful, and once confident can be the preferred choice across our range of cycling tours.
"Best self guided tour ever...it was seriously fantastic, we could not fault the tour"
Tarni from Wagga Wagga, Oct 19
"Thanks for the great weekend we all had a ball and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves ...your bikes were fab. and excellent quality also."
Sharon G, Nov 18