Tour de Pedal to Produce – Day Cycling Tour
Our Pedal to Produce tour is a brilliant cycling tour that captures the major highlights of Beechworth and Milawa gourmet region. Sip organic wine, taste local lemon infused olive oil, sample a whole range of different locally made cheeses, and enjoy the beautiful Alpine farm scenery with easy & safe cycling.
This day tour is perfect if you’re staying in Beechworth or nearby, and would like to explore the region but don’t know where to start. Your day starts and ends in Beechworth and uses the paved Murray to Mountains Rail Trail.
The riding on the Tour de Pedal to Produce is easy and safe. You enjoy plenty of delightful gourmet stops. Total distance is (approx) 35kms with 15kms downhill and the rest completely flat. And you have on call support available throughout your day for that extra peace of mind.
What We Love About this Cycling Tour from Beechworth:
- Cycling the well laid, scenic Murray to Mountains Rail Trail
- Lunch at the iconic Milawa Cheese Factory in Milawa with a wine in hand from Woodpark Wines onsite cellar door
- Visiting an organic winery, olive oil farm, mustard seed factory and more
- Wine tasting at the famous Brown Brothers cellar door
- The bus transfer home (and purchase collections) so we don't have to cycle after over indulging!!
Your Pedal to Produce Cycling Tour Includes:
- A Welcome Coffee: Collect your bike, grab your instructions and enjoy a fresh barrista brew before heading off. Our local concierge will answer any questions you might have.
- Your Lunch: A sumptuous platter style serving (Veg/GF options available) including drinks (non alcoholic). Note other venues may be used depending on the specific day/date of travel.
- Cheese Tasting: Your tour includes a tasting of a range of the famous Milawa Cheese factory delights!
- All Tastings: Your tour includes tasting stops at 3 cellar doors (there are more to visit if keen) + 2 produce stops (again more if keen).
- Directions: You are provided detailed cycling directions (although it is pretty easy) and a full itinerary once your booking is confirmed.
- On Call Support: Should you encounter any issues along the way we are only a phone call away.
- Transport: You will be collected in Milawa at the end of your ride so you can indulge in the many food and wine tastings! The bonus is you avoid cycling back up the big hill to Beechworth. We will take you back to your Beechworth accommodation or any other central location.
- Exclusive Discount Voucher to use at Brown Brothers Winery (handed to you on day of tour)
- Your Purchases are Collected: Your return transport collects any purchases you have made along the way. So you don't have to worry about lugging all that food and wine you've purchased whilst cycling.
- Discounted Bike Hire: Quality 24 gear Trek bikes with helmet are only $10, or go for an electric assist bike for only $25.
That's great value and a fun, stress free way to spend a day out enjoying the fresh air.
Experience for yourself why the Pedal to Produce Tour in North East Victoria is becoming so popular. The Tour de Pedal to Produce is available any day of the year except Christmas & New Years Day, with only 24 hours notice required for your booking. Call 1300 665 330 or book online (see calendar to the right).
Bikes are available to hire for only $10. We do have electric assist bikes which you can upgrade to if desired for an additional $25.
*note: a $10 surcharge is applied post booking for any tours that are booked on a Australian or Victorian Public Holiday.
COVID Safe Practices
COVID safe practises apply on this tour, including:
- Guests are provided with face masks if not bringing their own to wear at stops & on return bus transfer.
- All venues practice safe distancing and must be booked in advance (we do this for you)
- All common surfaces are sanitised (bikes, bus) after each use.
- Our local concierge and bus drivers wear masks at all times and regularly sanitise
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
"Best self guided tour ever...it was seriously fantastic, we could not fault the tour"
Tarni from Wagga Wagga, Oct 19
"Thanks for the great weekend we all had a ball and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves ...your bikes were fab. and excellent quality also."
Sharon G, Nov 18
Itinerary at a Glance
- 9.30am: Start in Beechworth with a barista coffee included in your tour.
- Our concierge will provide your bike and any last minute instructions (you will be emailed map and itienrary)
- Jump on the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail on your bike and get cycling!
- Stops along the way include an award winning Olive Oil farm, the famous Milawa Cheese Factory plus Pennyweights, Woodpark Wines and Brown Brothers cellar doors for wine tastings. All stops are pre booked for you.
- 1pm: Enjoy a gourmet lunch (included) at the Milawa Cheese Factory
- 3pm: Finish with a tasting at the iconic Brown Brothers Cellar door in Milawa (excl discount for any purchass).
- 4pm: Relax and await pick up by our transfer service back to Beechworth including collection of any purchases you’ve made along the way.
Cycling Distance: 38kms downhill(15km) and flat(23km)
Frequently Asked Questions
You are welcome to BYO bike or hire quality bikes with your tour.
Our Trek FX hybrid style bikes have rear racks, a small bag for incidentals (we collect any purchases you make) and water bottle holder and are a bargain for only $10 to hire!
E-bikes are an additional $25 and have rear racks and water bottle holders.
Bike hire can be booked online on this page (after selecting your dates the next screen will give you the option to add bike hire).
This tour is graded as easy.
The recommended cycling distance is 35kms (being self guided you can cycle as far and wide as you like if keen).
The cycling is downhill on the Murray to Mountains rail trail for 16kms then flat on back country roads.
If in any doubt, we strongly recommend booking an e-bike which are great fun and will ensure your day is enjoyable.