Tour de Pedal to Produce – Day Cycling Tour
Our Pedal to Produce tour is a brilliant cycling tour that captures the major highlights of Beechworth and the Milawa wine and gourmet food region. Sip organic wine, taste local lemon infused olive oil, sample a whole range of different locally made cheeses, and enjoy the beautiful Alpine farm scenery with easy & safe cycling.
The Pedal to Produce tour is perfect if you’re staying in Beechworth or anywhere nearby, and you would like to explore the region but don’t know where to start. The cycling tour starts and ends in Beechworth.
The riding on the Tour de Pedal to Produce is easy, with mainly safe off road paths using the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail, and includes plenty of delightful gourmet stops. Total distance is (approx) 35kms with 15kms downhill and the rest completely flat.
Your Pedal to Produce cycling tour includes:
- Your bike – 24 gear Trek bike is included in your tour price. We do have electric assist bikes which you can upgrade to if desired for an additional $25.
- Your lunch – a sumptuous platter style serving from Milawa Cheese Factory including their award winning cheeses (Veg/GF options available) including drinks (non alcoholic).
- All tastings – your itinerary includes recommended tasting stops at 3 cellar doors (there are more to visit if keen) and 2 produce stops (again more if keen), any tasting fees are included in your tour.
- Directions – you are provided detailed cycling directions (although it is pretty easy).
- On call support – should you encounter any issues along the way we are only a phone call away.
- Transport – we will collect you at the end of your ride so you can indulge in the many food and wine highlights of the Milawa region and avoid having to ride up the very big hill back to Beechworth! We will take you back to your Beechworth accommodation or any other central location.
- Pick up your goodies – The return transport will also collect any purchases you have made along the way, so you don’t have to carry all that gourmet food and wine whilst cycling.
Experience for yourself why the Pedal to Produce Tour in North East Victoria is becoming so popular. The Tour de Pedal to Produce is available any day of the year except Christmas & New Years Day, with only 24 hours notice required for your booking. Call 1300 665 330 or book online (see calendar to the right).
*note: a $10 surcharge is applied post booking for any tours that are booked on a Victorian Public Holiday (check all official Victorian public holidays here: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-holidays-and-daylight-saving/victorian-public-holidays)
- Cycling the well laid, scenic Murray to Mountains Rail Trail
- Lunch at the iconic Milawa Cheese Factory in Milawa
- Visiting an organic winery, olive oil farm, mustard seed factory and more
- Wine tasting at the famous Brown Brothers cellar door
Itinerary at a glance
- Start in Beechworth with a coffee at one of the many emerging cafes
- Join the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail on your bike (can be hired)
- Stops along the way include an award winning Olive Oil farm, the famous Milawa Cheese Factory plus Pennyweights and Brown Brothers cellar doors for wine tastings. All stops are pre booked for you.
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch (included) at the Milawa Cheese Factory
- Relax and await pick up by your bus to Beechworth including collection of any purchases you’ve made along the way.
- Distance covered: 38kms downhill(15km) and flat(23km)
Testimonials & reviews"Best self guided tour ever...it was seriously fantastic, we could not fault the tour"
Tarni from Wagga Wagga, Oct 15
"Thanks for the great weekend we all had a ball and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves ...your bikes were fab. and excellent quality also."
Sharon G, Nov 15