Vietnam Cycling Tour – Cycle the Mekong
Join our small group Vietnam cycling tour from Saigon to Phnom Penh and enjoy the best of this incredibly diverse region of Asia. This 7 night/8 day cycling adventure is suitable for recreational cyclists with cycling distances of around 40kms per day, and also for those that want to explore, learn and discover the food and culture of Vietnam & Cambodia.
This Vietnam cycling tour is fully supported with local guides, good quality bikes and a support vehicle never far away. Accommodation is quality ensuite 3.5/4 star equivalent with some including pools.
Food is a highlight on this cycling tour, as we specifically have sourced and included dining venues that showcase the best of the region, in cool, clean & comfortable settings.
What We Love About This Vietnam Cycling Tour
- Cycle the fascinating Mekong Delta along riverside trails and wooden bridges.
- Learn the secrets of Vietnamese food with farm and tasting visits
- Discover the bustling Asian cities of Saigon and Phnom Penh with a local guide
- Enjoy floating market boat rides, visit a pepper farm and so much more
- Enjoy the social atmosphere and make new friends on this small group tour
What's Included in Your Vietnam Cycling Tour
- 7 Nights accommodation in 4 star or equivalent* (see below)
- 8 x breakfasts
- 4 x Restaurant dinners as specified in itinerary
- 6 x lunches (combination of on road picnic style and village restaurants/cafes)
- All on road snacks with fruits, dried nuts, local snacks and drinking water
- 1 x fully guided Tuk Tuk Tunnels, Killing Fields & Tuol Sleng museum tours • 1 x market tour
- Hire of quality mountain bikes and helmets
- An environmentally friendly water bottle and safe drinking water throughout
- Transport of your luggage and any purchases made along the way
- Return airport / hotel transfers and additional transport as detailed in itinerary
- Service of local ‘ride with’ guides throughout (2 guides) plus support van and driver
- Amazing memories!
*Hotels on this Vietnam Cycling Tour
We know you will enjoy the quality of the properties chosen for this trip. After a day of cycling, there is nothing better than a welcome drink, cool room and a refreshing pool dip.
The accommodation throughout this tour is quality 4 star, most with pools, on site restaurants, gyms and other facilities. All have been specifically chosen by Tour de Vines.
Properties may change occasionally but typically we use the following accommodations on this cycling tour:
- Ho Chi Minh: Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel
- Cai Be: Mekong Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa
- Can Tho: Victoria Can Tho Resort
- Ha Tien: River Ha Tien Hotel
- Kep (Cambodia): Samanea Beach Resort (2 nights in luxury!)
- Phnom Penh (Cambodia): The Frangipani Royal Palace
Vietnam Cycling Tour Dates
Check the calendar below for the latest dates, availability and prices.
For the 2023/24 season we have our Cambodia cycling tour departing on the following dates, starting in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)
- 28th December 2023 Ho Chi Minh end Phnom Penh 4th January 2024
- 28th January 2024 end 4th February 2024
- 20th February 2024 end 27th February 2024
Extras, which can be booked online below or through us, are:
Ebike extra $400 (quality Trek hardtail MTB or similar)
Pre and post nights in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) or Phnom Penh $180 per room per night (divide by 2 if sharing, subject to room type and availability)
Our cycling group is limited to 16 riders which makes for a more intimate, personal cycling tour and gives you the ability to get up close and personal with the people and the places we visit.
Airport transfers are included and are very handy in these busy Asian cities, but we do need to limit these to the start date and end dates of each cycling tour.
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
Just completed a sensational adventure with Tour De Vines, cycling from Ho Chi Minh Vietnam to Phnom Pen Cambodia. From the food, to the history, to the cultural experience. This is an amazing way to discover the Mekong River region. Highly recommended.
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrive into Saigon, where your transfer service will take you to your accommodation, to meet your guide and fellow travellers. Explore the sights and sounds of this bustling city. Enjoy our first group dinner at a restaurant and meet your fellow riders and guides. Meals D