Tour de South Australia Vineyards – Cycling Tour South Australia
A 6 day Cycling Tour South Australia through the Barossa, Clare Valley & McLaren Vale wine regions. Cycling on easy, safe and well laid off road paths, discover the incredible food and wine of South Australia on this gourmet cycling tour.
Visiting world class cellar doors for wine tastings whilst cycling well laid, off road and relatively easy cycling trails across South Australia – including the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Vally & the Coast to Vines Rail Trail in McLaren Vale – savour the best of this gourmet region of Australia.
This is what is included in this classic Cycling Tour South Australia:
- 5 nights accommodation including 2 nights in 4.5 star in Adelaide
- Driver and experienced local ‘ride with’ guide throughout
- Bike hire is included for this tour (BYO only by arrangement)
- Vehicle support & luggage transfers*
- Breakfasts throughout
- 4 x gourmet winery lunches
- 4 x 2 course restaurant dinners
- All wine tastings and produce stops (e.g.: Maggie Beers in Barossa)
- Exclusive wine making & tasting tutorial at Wirra Wirra vineyard in McLaren Vale
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
South Australia is already world famous for its’ wines, and is quickly becoming as equally famous for cycling, especially with the successful Tour Down Under professional event in January each year. South Australia has developed a fantastic network of cycling trails that make cycling safe, fun and accessible for just about anyone.
The cycling on this tour is relatively easy and could be completed by even a novice rider. With a guide on hand and a support vehicle never far away*, it’s no wonder your focus will be on experiencing the incredible food, wine and scenery of amazing South Australia.
2018 & 2019 Guided Cycling Tour South Australia Dates
Friday 20th April – An amazing tour, check Trip Advisor for reviews!
Friday 28th Sept 2018 – Limited
Friday 9th November 2018 – Available
Thursday 21 March 2019 – Available
Thursday 11 April 2019 – Available
*Note: This cycling tour can be done on any day or date on a self guided basis. For groups of less than 6 this would exclude transport (car hire recommended) – more info here
- Lunch at the acclaimed Skillogalee Restaurant in the Clare Valley
- Cycling the Barossa Trail and visiting iconic Maggie Beers, Penfolds, Seppetsfeld & more
- Experiencing the world class wines and gourmet food of South Australia
- Cycling the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Valley via historic cellar doors
- Visiting McLaren Vale overlooking the Southern Ocean & the downhill cycle to the vineyards
Itinerary at a glance
Arrive into Adelaide group intro dinner and overnight
Transfer to the Barossa for a day of cycling, food & wine tasting. Visit Penfolds, Maggie Beers & more. Transfer to Auburn in Clare Valley for overnight.
Cycle the scenic Riesling Rail Trail in the famous Clare Valley, with numerous wine tastings and a memorable lunch at Skillogalee Winery. Overnight in Clare with dinner. Cycling distance: 35kms
Cycle back to Auburn via an alternate route discovering new cellar doors, another winery gourmet lunch. Transfer to Hahndorf in the beautiful Adelaide Hills. Cycling distance: 32kms.
Transfer to McLaren Vale for day tour on the superb wineries, including a platter lunch and exclusive tasting and tour at Wirra Wirra. Return to Adelaide for final evening. Cycling distance: 35kms
After breakfast, say aurevoir to friends and make your onward journey.
Testimonials & reviews"Thank you so much for a wonderful experience, I smile every time I think about it. Our 6 day Tour de Vines trip of the Barossa, Clare Valley and McLaren Vale was FANTASTIC". Rita, Dec 17
"A fantastic four days away cycling, eating great food and tasting great wines. Toped up with great company. Thanks Tour de Vines. Planning my next trip already." Kim, Nov 16
"Had a great time cycling in such idealic surrounds. The food was excellent and I am glad we cycled as we ate so well!! I must say I had some of the best food I have ever had...Our guide took into account where we wanted to go and accommodated us all". Jennifer, Nov 16