Tour de Bordeaux France – Cycling Tour Bordeaux
This Cycling Tour Bordeaux is designed for the social or occasional cyclist, avid food & wine lover, and non-lycra wearer, although it’s perfectly fine if you do! The cycling days are easy, relaxed and fully guided, with a support vehicle never far away, but we doubt you will need that, with plenty of food and wine stops on route.
Not only do you get to sample some of the worlds best wines directly from the cellar door, and cycle amongst the gentle hills of Bordeaux in the warm glow of the European summer sun, but Bordeaux also offers unforgettable village of St Emillion, the relatively new and must visit Cite du Vin in Bordeaux itself, incredible food and the most delightful French countryside villages you can imagine. It really is a rolling postcard.
Your Tour de Vines cycling tour of Bordeaux includes some amazing Chateaux accommodation, and full restaurant meals with entrees, mains and desserts, with drinks included (Bordeaux wine of course!) in the evenings. The itinerary also has exclusive cellar door visits that get you behind the regular tastings, to learn about how the world famous Bordeaux wines are made.
This cycling tour of Bordeaux is graded as easy to intermediate (say 4 out of 10) with some limited rolling hills. But there is certainly no hurry and the support vehicle is never far away. Cycling distances average around 40kms over the course of a day. A dip in the pool at the end of a day's cycling is available in a number of our accommodation venues. Such a great way to finish a day!
Our Bordeaux cycling tour is popular, and most dates fill up, so it is wise to book early. If the below dates don't suit perhaps check all our France tours.
EXCLUSIVE: Travelling via Paris? Tour de Vines is offering those who book a French cycling holiday before 31st December the preceding year an exclusive cycling day tour of Paris complete with an expert local guide. Visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam and many more highlights. This offer for your French cycling holiday is exclusive to Tour de Vines.
What We Love About this Bordeaux Cycling Tour in France
- Sweeping vistas across the Dordogne Valley
- Easy cycling through vineyards and charming villages
- Explore Ancient cobbles streets of St‑Emilion
- Traffic-free roads along the lower Dordogne and Garonne rivers
- Wine tasting in a chateau in St Emilion
- Meeting new friends and socialising in the small group
What's Included in Your France Cycling Tour in Bordeaux
- Flexible collection from local airport or train station & onward transfers as stated
- Quality Trek bicycles & helmets (if required)
- Water bottles (to take home as souvenirs)
- Detailed riding instructions and colour route maps
- Charming 3* (occasionally 4*) auberges, inns and hotels
- Buffet style breakfasts with croissants, pastries, meats, cheeses and cereals
- Gourmet dinners for all 6 nights of your holiday
- Fine wine (or soft drink alternative) with all evening meals and coffee to follow
- 2 experienced bilingual guides with each tour
- Delivery of your luggage to your hotel room each day
- Entry fees to attractions and historical sites
- An unforgettable experience!
Bordeaux France Cycling Tour Dates 2024
- 26 May - 1 June 2024
- 14 - 20 July 2024
- 15th - 21st September 2024
Check the calendar below for up to date prices, availability and new tour dates.
Trusted Cycling Tour Operator
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
“The trip was so memorable: the bikes, sights, hotels and meals and company of fellow travellers. It fully met our expectations”