Tour de South Australia Vineyards – Self Guided Bike Tour South Australia
A 6 day self guided bike tour of south Australia through the Barossa, Clare Valley & McLaren Vale regions. Ride the brilliant rails trails of this bike friendly state, whilst being fully supported with all your logistics taken care of.
The rails trails on this bike tour include the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Vally, the Barossa Trail & the Coast to Vines Shiraz Rail Trail in McLaren Vale.
What a handy convenience that these rail trails all run through famous food and wine regions, and you will certainly get to experience the gourmet delights on offer.
The cycling on this tour is graded as easy and could be completed by even a novice rider.
What We Love About this Self Guided Bike Tour of South Australia:
- Amazing 2 course lunch at the acclaimed Skillogalee Restaurant in the Clare Valley
- Cycling the Barossa Trail and visiting iconic Maggie Beers, Penfolds, Seppeltsfield & more
- Experiencing the world class wines and gourmet food of South Australia
- Cycling the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Valley via historic cellar doors
- Visiting McLaren Vale overlooking the Southern Ocean, riding the Shiraz Trail
- An incredible tasting experience at acclaimed Wirra Wirra Winery on the final day of your bike tour
What's Included in your Bike Tour of South Australia?
- 5 nights accommodation including 2 nights in 4.5 star in Adelaide (Playford or Mayfair)
- Vehicle support (on call) & luggage transfers
- Full breakfasts (x 5) throughout
- 4 x gourmet winery lunches with wine tastings (including Skillogallee in Clare)
- 4 x 2 course restaurant dinners
- All wine tastings and produce stops (e.g.: Maggie Beers in Barossa)
- Exclusive wine making & tasting tutorial at Wirra Wirra Wines in McLaren Vale
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
This tour is exceptional value when you note all that's included.
- BYO bike or hire our quality Trek/Giant hybrid style bikes or enjoy the fun of an E-Assist bike
- Self transport between regions or use our transport services throughout
- Pre and post tour accommodation
This is a self guided tour, so you can start on any day or date that suits you, subject only to accommodation availability.
You are welcome to BYO (bring your own) bike or hire from our quality fleet at discounted rates:
- Giant Hybrid bike $A150
- Velectrix Electric Assist bike $A350
*Note: This bike tour does require transport between the regions (car hire recommended). Tour de Vines can provide transport for an extra fee of $800 (total regardless of guest numbers).
The above extras can be booked online below or contact us on 1300 665 330.
COVID Safe Practices
Tour de Vines is an accredited COVID Safe Tour operator.
Tour de Vines has taken the following steps to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff and staff at the places and venues we visit:
- Practice social distancing at all times
- Comply with all venue (eg restaurants) guidelines at all times
- Provide compliant and new face masks for each and every guest and all staff
- Provide a personal hand
sanitiser to each and every guest
- Clean and sanitise all equipment before and after each use
COVID Terms & Conditions
For any new bookings from the 1st June 2020, if government imposed travel restrictions are still in place at the time of your scheduled tour with Tour de Vines:
1. The choice of a full refund will be made available or a tour credit without any fees or costs will be applied to reschedule for a later date, or rebook onto any other tour where restrictions may not apply. There is no expiry on your credit and the credit can be used on any tour in any destination.
2. A deposit of $100 (normally $200 for Aus and $400 for international) is required to secure a booking for all tours (except day tours which will still require payment in full noting the above term still applies).
3. Balance of payment is not due until 30 days (normally 60 days) before the tour starts, or your confirmed itinerary has been issued, whichever is the later.
"Equipment excellent, instruction superb and attention to client/guest safety was a priority throughout. Our tour guide was 10+/10 . Recommend it most highly to anyone with an interest in good wine, good food and great company..." Bryan. April 19
"Thank you so much for a wonderful experience, I smile every time I think about it. Our 6 day Tour de Vines trip of the Barossa, Clare Valley and McLaren Vale was FANTASTIC". Rita, Dec 17
"A fantastic four days away cycling, eating great food and tasting great wines. Toped up with great company. Thanks Tour de Vines. Planning my next trip already." Kim, Nov 16
"Had a great time cycling in such idealic surrounds. The food was excellent and I am glad we cycled as we ate so well!! I must say I had some of the best food I have ever had...Our guide took into account where we wanted to go and accommodated us all". Jennifer, Nov 16
Frequently Asked Questions
There is a need on this bike tour to transfer between Adelaide, Barossa, Clare and McLaren where the rails trails you ride are located.
You can choose to self drive between regions or Tour de Vines can provide transport for an additional fee.
Book online or see Dates/Prices for more.
Being a self guided tour, we have many guests that prefer to use their own bike. Therefore bikes aren't included.
Quality bikes are available to hire on this bike tour, including electric assist (e-bikes)l.
- Adelaide - Playford Hotel (1st & 5th nights)
- Barossa - Novotel Barossa Resort
- Clare - Clare Valley Country Club
- Hahndorf - The Manna of Hahndorf Apartments