Tour de South Australia Vineyards – Bike Tour South Australia
A 6 day self guided bike tour of south Australia through the Barossa, Clare Valley & McLaren Vale regions. Ride the brilliant rails trails of this bike friendly state, whilst being fully supported with all your logistics taken care of.
The rails trails on this bike tour include the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Vally, the Barossa Trail & the Coast to Vines Shiraz Rail Trail in McLaren Vale.
What a handy convenience that these rail trails all run through famous food and wine regions, and you will certainly get to experience the gourmet delights on offer.
The cycling on this tour is graded as easy and could be completed by even a novice rider.
What We Love About this Bike Tour of South Australia:
- Amzing 2 course lunch at the acclaimed Skillogalee Restaurant in the Clare Valley
- Cycling the Barossa Trail and visiting iconic Maggie Beers, Penfolds, Seppeltsfield & more
- Experiencing the world class wines and gourmet food of South Australia
- Cycling the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Valley via historic cellar doors
- Visiting McLaren Vale overlooking the Southern Ocean, riding the Shiraz Trail
- An incredible tasting experience at acclaimed Wirra Wirra Winery on the final day of your bike tour
What's Included in your Bike Tour of South Australia?
- 5 nights accommodation including 2 nights in 4.5 star in Adelaide
- Vehicle support & luggage transfers
- Full breakfasts (x 5) throughout
- 4 x gourmet winery lunches with wine tastings (including Skillogallee in Clare)
- 4 x 2 course restaurant dinners
- All wine tastings and produce stops (e.g.: Maggie Beers in Barossa)
- Exclusive wine making & tasting tutorial at Wirra Wirra Wines in McLaren Vale
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
This tour is exceptional value when you note all that's included.
This is a self guided tour, so you can start on any day or date that suits you, subject only to accommodation availability.
You are welcome to BYO (bring your own) bike or hire from our quality fleet at discounted rates:
- Giant Hybrid bike $A120
- Velectrix Electric Assist bike $A250
*Note: This bike tour does require transport between the regions (car hire recommended). Tour de Vines can provide transport for an extra fee of $750 (total regardless of guest numbers).
The above extras can be booked online below or contact us on 1300 665 330.
COVID Safe Practices
Trusted Tour Operator
"Equipment excellent, instruction superb and attention to client/guest safety was a priority throughout. Our tour guide was 10+/10 . Recommend it most highly to anyone with an interest in good wine, good food and great company..." Bryan. April 19
"Thank you so much for a wonderful experience, I smile every time I think about it. Our 6 day Tour de Vines trip of the Barossa, Clare Valley and McLaren Vale was FANTASTIC". Rita, Dec 17
"A fantastic four days away cycling, eating great food and tasting great wines. Toped up with great company. Thanks Tour de Vines. Planning my next trip already." Kim, Nov 16
"Had a great time cycling in such idealic surrounds. The food was excellent and I am glad we cycled as we ate so well!! I must say I had some of the best food I have ever had...Our guide took into account where we wanted to go and accommodated us all". Jennifer, Nov 16
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrive into Adelaide, check into your lovely accommodation and take a look around before your included restaurant meal.
Transfer to the Barossa for a day of cycling, food & wine tasting. Visit Penfolds, Maggie Beers & more. Transfer to Auburn in Clare Valley for overnight.
Cycle the scenic Riesling Rail Trail in the famous Clare Valley, with numerous wine tastings and a memorable lunch at Skillogalee Winery. Overnight in Clare with dinner.
Cycle back to Auburn via an alternate route discovering new cellar doors, another winery gourmet lunch. Transfer to Hahndorf for overnight in the beautiful Adelaide Hills.
Cycling distance: 32kms.
Transfer to McLaren Vale for day tour of the superb wineries, including a platter lunch and exclusive tasting and tour at Wirra Wirra. Return to Adelaide for final evening dinner and overnight.
Cycling distance: 35kms
After breakfast, say aurevoir to friends and make your onward journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is a need on this bike tour to transfer between Adelaide, Barossa, Clare and McLaren where the rails trails you ride are located.
You can choose to self drive between regions or Tour de Vines can provide transport for an additional fee.
Book online or see Dates/Prices for more.
Being a self guided tour, we have many guests that prefer to use their own bike. Therefore bikes aren't included.
Quality bikes are available to hire on this bike tour, including electric assist (e-bikes)l.
- Adelaide - Playford Hotel (1st & 5th nights)
- Barossa - Novotel Barossa Resort
- Clare - Clare Valley Country Club
- Hahndorf - The Manna of Hahndorf Apartments