Murray to Mountains Rail Trail – Small Group Weekends
Tour de Vines is the only provider of small group, fully guided cycling tours on the iconic Murray to Mountains Rail Trail. This exclusive cycling tour is an all inclusive, small group weekend, complete with meals, accommodation, local guide, special wine tastings, gourmet food, luggage transfers and transport. Group tours depart select weekends from October to May and do book out well in advance. Take the stress out of your weekend away enjoy this wonderful easy cycling escape in the gourmet North East Victoria region, along the famous Murray to Mountains Rail Trail.
Cycling in a small group is great fun! Make new friends, meet new people or grab a bunch of friends and partners and book a weekend away, knowing that with a guide alongside everything is taken care of for you.
Our Murray to Mountains Rail Trail group tours also enjoy some extra privileges, including exclusive wine tasting tutorials, access to talks from local farm gate producers, and more. The cycling group size is limited to 10 riders plus your guide, so it’s small enough to get to know your fellow riders, cycle at your own pace with no pressure, and enjoy the ambience of the beautiful scenery and surrounds.
Your fully guided tour includes 2 nights accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 2 winery lunches, 1 x group dinner, all produce and wine tastings (including an EXCLUSIVE food & wine tasting at Gaspted Wines), daily luggage transfers, guide & on call support if required (although the cycling is pretty easy) return transfers from Bright back to Beechworth and collection of any purchases you made along the way. It really is great value.
2017 Weekend Group Cycling Tour Dates:
October 6-8 (AFL Grand Final Holiday weekend Victoria)* – Available Limited Places
October 27-29 – Available
November 10-12 – Available
*$A50 per person public holiday supplement applies
- The food! Your tour includes 1 group dinner, 2 x full breakfasts, 2 x winery gourmet lunches and lots of snacks and tastings in between!
- The Murray to Mountains Rail Trail itself is a wonderful paved off road cycling path that is a joy to ride
- The Alpine scenery of North East Victoria
- The historic town of Beechworth, the small & lovely Myrtleford and famously beautiful Bright, all different and all great places to visit
- Cycling in a small group, making new friends and enjoying the company of others whilst you cycle, sip, taste and admire the scenery without a care in the world!
Itinerary at a glance
- Own transport to Beechworth (3+ hours north east of Melbourne)
- Overnight in Beechworth + dinner + breakfast
- Cycle the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Myrtleford + wine tastings + winery lunch
- Overnight in Myrtleford + full breakfast
- Ride the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail to Bright + farm gates + winery lunch
- Bus collection with bikes, luggage and purchases and transfer back to Beechworth
The actual cycling component is as follows:
- Day 1 – 43kms consisting of downhill (20km), medium uphill (7km) and flat (16km).
- Day 2 – 30km flat
- Physical Grading: Easy/Medium (suitable for occasional and non riders)
- Cycle Route: Using Murray to Mountains Rail Trail and quiet country back roads
- Bike type: Any (punctures can occur with thin road tyres)
- Hire Available: Yes
Testimonials & reviews
"We had an absolutely great time...I have been raving about it at work and passed on your details. Thank you so much for having us on the tour, and we are looking forward to next year". Kathy Oct 14
“Just wanted to say thanks for organising a wonderful tour over the weekend. We had a fabulous time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Overall a fabulous trip”. Terry Jan 13.