Cycling Tour Vietnam to Cambodia – Saigon to Siem Reap
A 14 day cycling tour Vietnam to Cambodia – Saigon to Siem Reap – covering the major highlights of this fascinating region. Traveling by bike is the ultimate way to discover the real south east Asia, and both Vietnam and Cambodia lend themselves ideally to cycling.
Meet the locals, stop and taste fresh cuisine from street side stalls in remote villages, get away from the crowds at Angkor Wat with our guided sunrise cycling tour (this is worth the tour alone!), and make lifelong friends as you journey from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) in Vietnam to Siem Reap in Cambodia over 14 days (12 days of cycling).
This cycling tour Vietnam to Cambodia is aimed at the intermediate/easy cyclist. You don’t need to be a strong or regular rider to undertake this itinerary – although it does help if you get some practice in before the tour – as the distances are not huge, and there are no significant climbs on the route. See the day to day itinerary summary below.
The tour is also designed for those that want time to include food & cultural highlights. And there’s lot of both! Food is a key component for all our cycling tours and this itinerary includes a 6 course degustation prepared by a renowned French chef at Cuisine Wat Damnak, and a private cooking class which is loads of fun, as well as loads of opportunities to sample local food. Deep fried tarantula, if you’re game!
Cycling Tour Vietnam to Cambodia Inclusions
- 14 Nights accommodation in 3.5 star or equivalent
- 15 x breakfasts
- Meals as specified in itinerary including quality restaurant dinners (alcohol excl)
- 1 x full day guided Angkor Wat tour
- 1 x Cooking Class (includes dinner)
- Hire of quality mountain bikes
- An environmentally friendly water bottle
- Transport of your luggage throughout
- Return airport / hotel transfers on start and end dates of tour
- All additional transport as detailed in itinerary
- Service of a local ‘ride with’ guide throughout plus a local driver
Cycling Tour Vietnam to Cambodia 2019/20 Dates
- 2019: Arrive Saigon Saturday 28th December – Finish Siem Reap Saturday 11th January 2020
- 2020: Arrive Saigon Friday 31st Jan – Finish Siem Reap Friday 14th February 2020
- Angkor Wat fully guided escape the crowds on bike sunrise tour
- Our private Cooking Class where we learn the secrets of south east Asian cooking
- Cycling the Mekong Delta, discovering real villages & the adventure of cycling alongside this mighty river and all the activity it brings
- Incredibly friendly locals, especially the smiling faces of the village children.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 2: Enjoy a full day with local guides to explore Saigon.
Day 3: Saigon to Ben Tre in the Mekong Delta. Coconut candy factory visit. 55kms
Day 4: Ben Treh to Can Tho. Experience a Mekong river boat ride & night markets. 65kms
Day 5: Can Tho to beautiful seaside Rach Gia, with cooking class & amazing seafood. 56kms
Day 6: Enter Cambodia heading to Takeo via rural villages and food, food, food! 50kms.
Day 7: Arrive into Phnom Penh after visiting ancient Chisaur Temple (2oo yrs older than Angkor Wat), with a special dinner inclusion. 78kms.
Day 8: Day in Phnom Penh with local guide (optional cycling day). Markets, food, fun!
Day 9: Transfer then cycle via the lovely Tonle Sap lake through local friendly villages to Pursat (an amazing pizza shop in this town is dinner tonight) 50kms
Day 10: Cycling from Pursat to the gorgeous lakeside village of Battambang for our afternoon private cooking class. 42kms.
Day 11: Leaving Battambang cycling our way to Siem Reap, with a boat ride in between which is always fun.
Day 12: A full day in lovely Siem Reap with our guide (cycling optional) exploring markets,shops and sampling food with a special dinner at Cuisine Wat Damnak, fine dining restaurant with 6 crs degustation by French Chef Joannès Rivière
Day 13: Guided Sunrise cycling tour of Angkor Wat, an incredible way to end our adventure and a day you will never forget. Approx 40kms including picnic lunch on the grounds.
Day 14: Departure day, sadly and our onward journey.