Murray to Mountains Rail Trail – Small Group Weekends
Fri - Sun
Ride the iconic Murray to Mountains Rail Trail stress free. Tour de Vines is the only provider of small group, fully guided cycling tours on the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail. This exclusive cycling tour is an all inclusive, small group weekend complete with meals, accommodation, local guide, special wine tastings, gourmet food, luggage transfers and transport. Group tours depart select weekends from October to May and do book out well in advance. Take the stress out of your weekend away, enjoy this wonderful easy cycling escape in the gourmet North East Victoria region along the famous Murray to Mountains Rail Trail.
Cycling in a small group is great fun! Make new friends, meet new people or grab a bunch of friends and partners and book a weekend away, knowing that everything is taken care of for you.
This weekend of cycling fun is also great value. Pretty much everything is included, with all meals (except 1 dinner) part of your package, 2 nights accomodation, transfers, local guide, support bus, coffee and heaps more.
Our Murray to Mountains Rail Trail group tours also enjoy some extra privileges, including exclusive wine tastings, access to talks from local farm gate producers and more. The cycling group size is limited to 10 riders plus your guide, so it's small enough to get to know your fellow riders, cycle at your own pace with no pressure and enjoy the ambience of the beautiful scenery and surroundings.
If you're looking to cycle the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail this is the ideal way to enjoy it. Check the calendar section below to see up to date availability, prices and more.
You can BYO bike or hire from our Trek fleet and yes e-Bikes are available too (see Tour Inclusions below).
What We Love About This Tour
- The food! Your tour includes 1 group dinner, 2 x full breakfasts, 2 x winery gourmet lunches and lots of snacks and tastings in between!
- The Murray to Mountains Rail Trail itself is a wonderful paved off road cycling path that is a joy to ride
- The Alpine scenery of North East Victoria
- The historic town of Beechworth, the small & lovely Myrtleford and famously beautiful Bright, all different and all great places to visit
- Cycling in a small group, making new friends and enjoying the company of others whilst you cycle, sip, taste and admire the scenery without a care in the world!
Your Murray to Mountains Rail Trail cycling tour includes:
- Two (2) x nights 3/3.5 star central accommodation (upgrade is available upon booking subject to availability)
- 2 x full breakfasts with coffee/tea
- 2 x gourmet winery lunches
- 1 x group dinner
- All produce and wine tastings (including an EXCLUSIVE food & wine tasting at Gaspted Wines)
- Daily luggage transfers
- Local qualified, informative guide & on call support if required (although the cycling is pretty easy)
- Return transfers from Bright back to Beechworth
- Collection of any purchases you made along the way (yes you can buy wine!!)
- Environmentally friendly (non plastic) cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade made cycling t-shirt (our guests love these tees!)
Murray to Mountains Weekend Cycling Tour Dates
This tour departs on select weekend dates.
Groups are strictly limited to 10 riders and dates do fill up so make sure you choose your preferred date early.
See the calendar for dates and live availability below.
Cycling Tour Dates for 2023/24
Fri 6th - 8th October 2023
Fri 1st - 3rd December 2023
Fri 1st - Sun 3rd March 2024
Fri 23rd - Sun 25th March 2024
Fri 10th - 12th May 2024
More dates coming soon!
If you have a group of 6 or more contact us about a private tour, we can do more than 10 on private trips.
Bike hire is available (can be booked online below or ask for details), as follows*:
Trek FX hybrid $100
Ebike Velectrix Urban $150
*hire bikes come with replace warranty, water bottle holders (cycling water bottle included in tour), rear rack & small pannier bags.
COVID Safe Practices
COVID Safe Practices apply to this tour, specifically:
- All guests are provided with face masks to be worn when in common areas and on any bus transfers
- All guests are provided with personal hand sanitiser for usage during the tour
- All equipment is sanitised pre and post every use including bikes and bus surfaces
- All venues visited are implementing safe distancing and sanitising procedures.
Tour de Vines has been running tours in since 2002 and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 and is now a Hall of Fame inductee. You can be assured we are a quality operator and want nothing more than for you to have an amazing travel experience.
"We had an absolutely great time...I have been raving about it at work and passed on your details. Thank you so much for having us on the tour, and we are looking forward to next year".
Kathy Oct 19
“Just wanted to say thanks for organising a wonderful tour over the weekend. We had a fabulous time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Overall a fabulous trip”.
Terry Jan 20.
Itinerary at a Glance
Make your way to Beechworth (3+ hours north east of Melbourne). Train or Albury transfer available.
Meet your guide and fellow travellers at our fun group dinner.