Tour de South Australia Vineyards Extended – Cycling Tour South Australia
(5 days riding)
Embark on an extraordinary escapade through the breathtaking landscapes of South Australia on this special 6-night, 7-day cycling tour.
Glide along the easy-paced Barossa Trail, the Riesling Trail in the Clare Valley, the Amy Gillet Trail in the Adelaide Hills, and the Shiraz Trail in McLaren Vale, as we curate a journey meticulously designed for relaxed pedaling and a fun, small group atmosphere.
Indulge in the exquisite flavors of South Australia with specially crafted food and wine experiences, showcasing the region's culinary excellence. From the world-renowned Barossa wines to the irresistible tastes of McLaren Vale, each stop promises a treat for your palate.
Our deliberately small group size, limited to just 10 fellow riders, ensures a bespoke and personalised experience, creating an exclusive and intimate ambiance. With only 10 trips per season, each tour offers a rare opportunity to connect with like-minded enthusiasts in a setting that exudes exclusivity.
Guided by a knowledgeable local guide and supported by a dedicated bus throughout the journey, you'll enjoy a laid-back cycling experience. Learn insights into the region's history, culture, and hidden gems.
Secure your spot now for a journey tailored for discerning cycling enthusiasts and those seeking a leisurely exploration in an exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime setting.
What We Love About This Cycling Tour of South Australia:
- 2 nights in the gorgeous Mayfair Hotel in Adelaide (start and end of cycling)
- Special dining experience at Chef Hated Hardys Restaurant at Mt Lofty House in the stunning Adelaide Hills
- Lunch at the acclaimed Skillogalee Winery Restaurant in the Clare Valley
- Cycling the Barossa Trail, the Riesling Rail Trail, the Amy Gillet trail and the Shiraz Trail all in one trip!
- 2 nights in fascinating Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills
- The fun, adventure and new friends our small group trips are famous for.
What's Included in Your Cycling Tour of South Australia
- 6 nights accommodation including 2 nights in 4.5 star in Adelaide (Mayfair or similar)
- Driver and experienced local 'ride with' guide throughout
- Vehicle support & luggage transfers
- Full breakfasts (x 6) throughout
- 5 x gourmet winery lunches with wine tastings (including Skillogallee in Clare)
- 4 x restaurant dinners including award winning Hardy's Verandah at Mt Lofty House
- All wine tastings and produce stops (e.g.: Maggie Beers in Barossa)
- Exclusive wine making & tasting tutorial at Wirra Wirra Wines in McLaren Vale
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
- Arrival & departure transfers (start & end date of tour only)
Bike hire is available as follows:
- Quality Giant or Trek hybrid' style bike for $250
- E-assist bike (E-bike) $400.
Bikes are fitted with rear racks, small bags and water bottle cages
This tour is exceptional value!
Guided Cycling Tour of South Australia Dates
This is a new extended cycling tour in South Australia, which will commence in the 2024/25 season.
See live dates and availability below. Season schedule is as follows (see calendar for live updates and availability)
20th - 26th Sept 24
18th - 24th Oct 24
22nd - 28th Nov 24
7th - 13th March 25
21st - 27th March 25
4th - 10th April 25
25th April - 1st May 25
9th - 15th May 25
Check the calendar with prices and dates below for live availability and any new dates.
You will stay in very comfortable hotels, mostly 4*. All rooms have en-suite shower or bath facilities. Prices are based on two sharing in twin or double rooms. Singles are available with supplement. Where possible, we choose hotels well located to enable you the freedom the explore the local area
We carefully select the restaurants for cuisine and ambience, and favour those with a strong regional influence where possible. We can arrange for our restaurants to cater for specific dietary requirements and allergies etc. where notified in advance.
Bikes & Support
Bikes are available, that are well maintained hybrids or mountain bikes or e-bikes, perfect for this style of cycling. Comfortable, easy to use, puncture resistant tyres and well-padded comfortable seats. BYO bikes are possible only with prior arrangement. BYO seats, pedals can also be accommodated.
On this small group tour a qualified local guide is present throughout, as well as back up support. Guides are trained in First Aid, capable bike mechanics and are local experts. More importantly they will look after your every need and ensure you are happy, have fun and stay smiling!
Award Winning Operator
Tour de Vines has been operating cycling tours in Australia for 15 years and has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023, and now Hall of Fame winner.
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrive into Adelaide, transfers provided to your accommodation, meet and greet your guide with a welcome group dinner on your first night to get excited about your adventure ahead. Meals: Restaurant dinner in Adelaide (2 courses)