Tour de South Dalmatia Islands Bike Tour – Croatia
This South Dalmatia Islands bike tour off the mainland of Croatia, will have you in awe of the beauty of Adriatic Europe. The azure waters have to be seen to be believed, coupled with centuries old quaint villages on beautiful remote islands, and the grand old World Heritage listed town of Split, is a combination to be found nowhere else.
You will be sailing aboard a premium, spacious and air-conditioned ship (see more on the ships used on these tours), the perfect way to explore this coastal paradise. Enjoy a morning dip before heading out for your daily guided cycling tour on these stunning islands, including world heritage listed islands of Korcula and Hvar. Gourmet meals are provided and included on board as per the inclusions below, and are typical Croatian cuisine. The on board bar provides the ideal way to end the day with a G&T on the deck watching the stunning Dalmatia sunsets.
The cycling is graded medium/difficult, with mainly easy days around 20-40kms, but mixed with 2 cycling days that include 400m ascents (Day 3 & 5 see itinerary description below). Some cycling experience or training is recommended. The tours are fully guided and supported. On any given day you can always elect to stay aboard the ship, read a book on the sun deck, explore the village the ship is docked in, or get some shopping in at the unique local markets.
Dalmatia Islands Cycling Tour Inclusions
- 8-day trip on a premium ship (as above or equivalent) with full crew
- 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet (upgrade to above deck available)
- 4 x full board and 3 x half board (option to have a picnic for lunch)
- Quality hybrid bikes for $A125 or e-bikes $A250 available, loaded/unloaded daily for you
- Guided cycling tours and sightseeing as described in the itinerary
- Overview-maps for the daily tours (on board) if required
- Bed linen and towels
Dates & Prices
There are 11 dates to choose from for 2018. See the calendar to the right for updated date availability and prices.
Dalmatia Islands Bike Tour Additional Info
- Single cabin supplement is $A750 below deck and $A1000 above deck.
- Guests can elect to share a same sex cabin to avoid the single supplement subject to availability
- BYO bikes are acceptable (just need to be less than 22kgs with any specific maintenance tools)
- High quality Hybrid bikes are available at $A125 and can be ordered online when booking.
- Quality E-bikes are available on all departures at $$A250 (limited availability).
- Visit the stunning island of Hvar and wander amongst the Spanish buildings
- Experience why the World Heritage listed old town of Split has become a must visit in Europe
- Cycle around the most beautiful of the Dalmation Islands, Korcula
- Swim (daily) from the back of your ship in the temperate, crystal clear waters of the Adriatic
Itinerary at a glance
Day 2 - Sail to Stomorska on the island of Šolta then cycling around the island we return to our ship in Stomorska and sail to the lovely natural harbour of Stari Grad. Afternoon cycling tour on Hvar Island to harbours of Jelsa and Vrboska. Cycling 20kms + 20kms.
Day 3 - Cycling to the islands capital, Hvar, where we visit the magnificent Renaissance Square and enjoy the view from the Spanish Fortress, situated high above the city. Sail to the beautiful village Vela Luka on the Island of Korčula. Cycling 22kms.
Day 4 - Cycling on Korčula, enjoy our lunch break in one of the local restaurants. See why it's regarded as the most beautiful Dalmatian island. Visit the village of Blato, like Rome build on seven hills, along a pass road across Pupnat bay and finally to Korčula town, where we have time to take a walk through the wonderful old town with its narrow “fishbone like” alleys. Cycling 60kms.
Day 5 - Cruise to the island of Brac, which is famous for its radiant marble. Take a relaxing swim break followed by lunch, then cycling in Sumartin, leading us to Selca and on to the picturesque harbour town Pučišća. Cycling 27kms.
Day 6 - Morning sail to Omit then cycle through the valley of the Cetina River. Choose an optional rafting tour on the Cetina River (not included in the tour price) or continue cycling (no rafting) to Omiš and its pirate castles. In the afternoon sail to World Heritage listed Split, built adjoining the famous palace of the Roman Caesar Diocletian. Overnight stay in Split. Cycling 25/44kms.
Day 7 - Final bike ride to Mount Marjan with fantastic views of the city and the surrounding islands. Enjoy the last crossing to Trogir past the cliffs of the Čiovo peninsula. There is still plenty of time to visit the Old Town of Trogir, listed as a World Cultural Heritage site. The last evening aboard our ship is celebrated in traditional fashion. While enjoying the communal dinner in a celebrative atmosphere we will have the chance for a last get-together with our crew and tour guides. Cycling 15kms.
Day 8 - (Sat) Trogir (Disembarkation) After breakfast disembarkation until 9 am and individual trip home or extended stay in Dalmatia/Croatia.